Fawkes not using melee weapons?

lv1234

I have tried forcing fawkes to use the melee option in game but he keeps using his gatling gun. I even tried giving him his super sledge but no luck there iether. Is this something normal or is it a possible bug?

Post the plugin.txt contents here.

Since the txt just contains the load order I will place the load order here instead.

https://pastebin.com/mTFbdAHt

Also occurring with this load order Ignore that, it seems to be working fine with this load order. Which points to a load order issue in the previous load order I provided.

https://pastebin.com/6npFHFvf

Edited by lv1234

Yeah , was gonna comment on that. I see where the issue was and you removed said issues.

The only way to patch the game with unknowns is a merged patch to test.

A merged patch is not permanent, it is supposed to be temporary in order to find conflicting records.

But, you removed the issue "Mod".

Keep in mind, all mods are built based on default vanilla code.

Some custom made mods interfere with that code when loaded High OR low.

A custom patch is made with just the data involved drawn from the vanilla assets and loaded last...to verify if the code it fixes effects the other mods above / overrules them.

If that solves the problem , you get an insight to the offending structures. Thus, from there you can either remove the offending code or patch it.

Kitty Black

So after

Yeah , was gonna comment on that. I see where the issue was and you removed said issues.

A merged patch is not permanent, it is supposed to be temporary in order to find conflicting records.

A custom patch is made with just the data involved drawn from the vanilla assets and loaded last...to verify if the code it fixes effects the other mods above / overrules them.

If that solves the problem , you get an insight to the offending structures. Thus, from there you can either remove the offending code or patch it.

Kitty Black

So it seems that arwen realism was the main culprit here. I'll see if I can mess with my load order a bit in MO to see how that goes. Any tips/advice you got for me would be nice too

Kitty Black

Just an update here, after huge amounts of testing even down to just using Arwen realism with no other plugins/mods, Fawkes still refuses to use his melee attacks. If I take arwen realism out of the load order, fawkes goes back to using his melee attacks (with fists and no sledge) << which is what I'm aiming for

Edited by lv1234

So after some research on the web and testing with a pure vanilla profile with only dlcs, all companions seem to refuse to use their melee weapons and only use it for a bit at most like seen in my experience.

So I think this is very likely normal and will consider this one solved.

So after some research on the web and testing with a pure vanilla profile with only dlcs, all companions seem to refuse to use their melee weapons and only use it for a bit at most like seen in my experience.

It is not normal.

Something went bad with the installation.

See , that creature is a follower you can hire. If all other people / NPC's stop using weapons? the game is broken some how. Most of the time the culprit was AN INI alteration by UUF3P.

On a raw Un-Altered FO# GOTY game with zero alteration's this problem never shows up..

you back up your saved game files folder and remove the INI files, then re-downloaded the game and start a fresh game just to re-establish the correct INI files and running ONly Fallout3.esm as a single plugin.

NO DLC's on this procedure.

hard save and close. Now re-establish the loadout VIA Vortex Older saved game file or remove the new saved game file and put back the older one's and verify all mods are where you were without the Famos patched item.

I do repairs similar for a lot of people remotely if they can't figure out the mess. So you know, this is very common problem.

FOSE Enabled mod's cause animations that USE FOSE instructions break the game. That gets stuck on the ini startup and you never know it's still there.

IF all mods are reenabled and you start out thinking the problem will evaporate? it won't. Like your own story as you build the database / saved game file, you are building that profile in game.

That code comes from all the edits.

Removing the offending edits fixes the main functions but will not remove accomplishments kept in the saved game file so it follows you around.

Like chasing Mice? Cat's toy with Mice before eating them. Sometimes not.

I solve these Mysteries.

It is not normal.

Something went bad with the installation.

See , that creature is a follower you can hire. If all other people / NPC's stop using weapons? the game is broken some how. Most of the time the culprit was AN INI alteration by UUF3P.

On a raw Un-Altered FO# GOTY game with zero alteration's this problem never shows up..

you back up your saved game files folder and remove the INI files, then re-downloaded the game and start a fresh game just to re-establish the correct INI files and running ONly Fallout3.esm as a single plugin.

NO DLC's on this procedure.

hard save and close. Now re-establish the loadout VIA Vortex Older saved game file or remove the new saved game file and put back the older one's and verify all mods are where you were without the Famos patched item.

I do repairs similar for a lot of people remotely if they can't figure out the mess. So you know, this is very common problem.

FOSE Enabled mod's cause animations that USE FOSE instructions break the game. That gets stuck on the ini startup and you never know it's still there.

IF all mods are reenabled and you start out thinking the problem will evaporate? it won't. Like your own story as you build the database / saved game file, you are building that profile in game.

That code comes from all the edits.

Removing the offending edits fixes the main functions but will not remove accomplishments kept in the saved game file so it follows you around.

Like chasing Mice? Cat's toy with Mice before eating them. Sometimes not.

I solve these Mysteries.

So for the first paragraph, am I able to do that by just simple creating a vanilla profile in MO? And also what do you mean by Famos?

Edited by lv1234

Also I did a fresh MO profile with just vanilla plugins (with and without dlc), it seems that it is less problematic but Fawkes still uses his ranged weapon for people far away and uses his melee fists (when forcing him to melee) for close opponents (which is normal from what I have seen and makes sense). With the arwen realism mod added (which significantly changes alot of the vanilla aspects of the game including healing, damage, health, and rarity of items), fawkes is just using his ranged weapon at all times even for close opponents when I tell him to use melee.

Is it wrong for me to point fingers at the arwen realism mod and perhaps discuss how I installed it?