Hexed - Magical Diseases

I've got a pretty specific idea in mind already, the only thing I don't have is the knowledge of how to make a mod. This would be an immersive/difficulty style mod that also expands the diseases feature of the original game. I always felt like diseases were barely there, there aren't many diseases to begin with and they don't show up often.

Concept: A handful of new diseases, probably around half a dozen, that are magical in nature - hexes, or curses. When fighting enemy spellcasters, each time that a hostile spell affects you - for example if you get hit by a hag raven's ice bolt, or a necromancer's fireball - there is a small chance (probably less than or equal to 5%) that you will become afflicted by one of these magical diseases. Maybe the enemy type could play into which one would affect you, or the spell type that hit you. If that's not possible, then it would just be a random chance of any of the magical diseases. And yes, this means that if you're really unlucky, you could be affected by every single one of these magical diseases from a single enemy. I haven't decided whether or not magic resistance should play into this. Maybe yes, since theoretically there would be a much higher chance of these diseases occurring in the game, so those with magic resistance can get some more benefit.

It wouldn't need any textures or effects I think, which makes it easier. Although maybe a very subtle gfx around the player while cursed would make it more fun. I would love for this to exist in the game.

Edited by ModsCanFixSomeParts