Update issues and Invalid everything

MrGaffe
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

So ever since early this morning when I updated vortex everything has completely gone to s***. I tried to play skyrim se and now everything is wrecked. Mods wont load and vortex gives me errors for everything. the most notable ones are "Invalid Primary Tool" and "Your mod can't be installed because it is corrupted" and something about needing admin permission. Can anyone please help me fix this?

Guest deleted34304850

on your dashboard, make skyrim se your primary. that should - hopefully - fix the issue with the invalid primary tool.

for the permissions issue - just click give permission - may have to do that a lot - depending on how many files need to be updated.

First off, this path is WAAAAAAY too long, and how did you even end up with it?

D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE COMPLETE-35382-1-9-1-1593501570.installing\aMedianBorn Optional Plugins\aMedianBorn Optional Plugins.txt"

Also, it's SKSE that you want to make primary so that it automatically runs when you run SKyrim SE

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

Did you use the Update feature built into Vortex?
I have mine set to STABLE instead of BETA

Make sure User Access Control is turned ON

Which Antivirus do you use? If it's Windows Defender make sure you have "Controlled Folder Access" turned OFF.
If you updated with an Antivirus program running, chances are your antivirus prevented Vortex from updating completely.
I would turn off any antivirus and reupdate Vortex.

I'm not sure what downloader it used, I opened it up and it started yelling at me to download the newest updates (the last time I had it open was june of last year)

How do I change it to STABLE? Edit - Just checked the settings and it is set to stable

How do I set user assess control?

I use avast free anti virus and it has never had any issues before

Edited - New update: I tried to install a mod after checking stability and setting the primary and the same message from before is still going on (not the invalid primary tool)

Edited by MrGaffe

I'm not sure what downloader it used, I opened it up and it started yelling at me to download the newest updates (the last time I had it open was june of last year)

How do I change it to STABLE? Edit - Just checked the settings and it is set to stable

How do I set user assess control?

I use avast free anti virus and it has never had any issues before

Edited - New update: I tried to install a mod after checking stability and setting the primary and the same message from before is still going on (not the invalid primary tool)

UAC is a windows setting found in the Control panel.

Under Security and Maintenance, Change User Account Control

Avast Free is terrible, it false flags far too much stuff, as I said, TURN OFF you antivirus and reinstall Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

mate, i'd remove avast free and never download any free anti-virus ever again. just use windows defender it does a much better job than any free POS that is designed to tempt you to buy the paid-for offering.

Avast Free is terrible, it false flags far too much stuff, as I said, TURN OFF you antivirus and reinstall Vortex.

I just looked and I have full control and avast isn't set to anything, its mostly a decoration to be honest

Also no matter what, even after deleting said mod I keep getting this:

I just looked and I have full control and avast isn't set to anything, its mostly a decoration to be honest

Also no matter what, even after deleting said mod I keep getting this:

So you're not going to turn off the antivirus and reinstall Vortex?

Because this step has helped other people.

So you're not going to turn off the antivirus and reinstall Vortex?

Because this step has helped other people.

I never said that, if I delete vortex do I need to wipe all the mods first?

Guest deleted34304850

no you dont need to do that. just re-install vortex - but - seriously - very important - remove that avast from your system before you do.