Update issues and Invalid everything

MrGaffe
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

• Solution

Looks like you may have shut Vortex or your PC down while it was installing a mod. I would suggest you manually delete the "D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE COMPLETE-35382-1-9-1-1593501570.installing\" folder and reinstall that mod.

no you dont need to do that. just re-install vortex - but - seriously - very important - remove that avast from your system before you do.

I did as instructed and the error still persisted, so I looked into my mod folder (the folder which housed all my mods) and the mod that was causing the issue (Amidianborn book of silence se) was still installed even though I purged it hours ago. I deleted it manually and relaunched vortex. It looks like when the update happened said file became corrupted (either when downloading or by avast being retarded who knows) as now, after deleting it I can install mods once again.

Thank you my friend for the helpful advice and being very patient with me. While I have been modding skyrim and skyrim se for years I have never ran into issues like this so you guys where a massive help :D

Looks like you may have shut Vortex or your PC down while it was installing a mod. I would suggest you manually delete the "D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE COMPLETE-35382-1-9-1-1593501570.installing\" folder and reinstall that mod.

I did that about 10 min ago after reinstalling vortex and getting the same message >.<

Vortex is working again and I'm going to (after work) redownload said mod and see if it's still causing issues.

I'll update this thread after I test it out after work, if everything is working good then I'll mark this case as solved :D

Edited by MrGaffe

nice job mate and thanks for coming back and letting us know.

No problem, I would of felt like a total heel if I left without at least giving everyone my thanks. After all you all took time out of your day to help me, a complete stranger, with something I had only minor knowledge about :D