How to make a "moveable" weapon display shelf?

Good evening everybody!

So, I already asked a few questions about how to make a "moving secret wall" that can rotate by 90° to a "open" position.

Attaching static things to that wall that will move with the wall, like bookshelfs, is easy ("Attach Ref").

But I want to have a "weapon display shelf" on the wall that should move with the wall.

You know, like those weapon display shelfs that you can build in settlements.

But I can't even find them in the CK, I searched for "rack" "display" "shelf", but found nothing ...

So, how can I have working (as in, you can put weapons on them, take them off, just like the vanilla workshop ones) gun display shelfs that are attached to a moving wall?

Any help would be appreciated ...

I've never come across weapon racks like that in Fallout 4. Closest thing I can think of would be the magazine stands.

You're going to need a nif with named nodes to attach the weapons, and a script to add and remove them when the shelf is activated. Look at the magazine racks for how to do that.

So, it appears that they are actually "containers" ...

Interesting ...

And they can be "ref attached" to other things! Great!

Maybe if I put a weapon "in" that container, it will be displayed just like if the player put a weapon on there.

("Add" it to the "inventory" of the container with a script or a quest so that they will only get added once and they don't "respawn" if the cell resets and the player has already taken the "default weapons" stored in/on the display racks.)

I think I can figure this out myself from this point on, thanks for the help!

That's why I suggested looking at the magazine rack script. The rack uses PlaceAtNode to attach magazines at specific nodes in the mesh. The nodes supply the position and rotation for the mags and by passing abAttach=True, you attach the mags so they move with the rack.

You could do something similar with the shelf. The only potential problem being that you may not be able to pass references to PlaceAtNode. If so you'll need to pass the weapon's base form while the original is stored in the shelf's container. The script on the DLC weapon racks has to have solved this problem, so that's where to look for that one.

"Magazines" don't have OMODs.

If you place a magazine in the world, it is always the same one.

If you place a weapon in the world, it gets random OMDOS attachments.

So the "magazine rack" thing won't work.

If that places the "base object", it won't be the same as the weapon stored in the container.

Actually MagazineRackContainer02 mechanics do work, I am using it as a template to store/attach objects with unique omods.

I had to modify MagazineRackContainerScript so that OnItemAdded only accepts objects with a passsed-in unique akItemReference which is stored in an ObjectReference[] array to keep it unique and persistent. Basically replace Form[] Property PerkMagsInContainer auto with ObjectReference[] Property ObjectsInContainer auto and cascade that change from BaseObject forms to ObjectReferences through the script.

As DocClox suggests, I'm sure you can work it out.