'Skyrim Has Stopped Working' Crashing in Whiterun

Lori794

I have never had this problem until recently. I've ran BOSS, TES5 Edit picked up no loader errors, and I've cleaned everything that needed cleaning, but now, if I'm in Whiterun, or any of the general area around Whiterun, the game inevitably crashes. It's not a CTD, however, but a 'Skyrim has stopped working' crash. I know that the problem has to do with Whiterun, as this hasn't been happening anywhere else in the game. At first, I thought that the save for this specific character, who happened to be in Whiterun at the time of the save, was currupted. I kept this save, but made a new profile with this character, choosing to start in Breezehome with the Live Another Life mod. Shortly after leaving Breezehome, the game crashed. This confirmed that it isn't a currupted save, but a problem with Whiterun. Can someone help me out?

• 3 weeks later...

I also seem to be having this problem. I'm not having any issues with Whiterun itself, but the wilderness to the NW of it. Everytime i go in the general area of the wilderness of Whiterun I CTD. I don't have this problem any where else...