Alternate Start - Live Another Life won't work no matter what I do

Jabloko

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557?tab=files

I opened the 7.zip folder and read the instructions, I did NOT unpack, as I was instructed NOT to do.

I tried getting Nexus Mod Manager, but there didn't seem to be an option on the website to download it, so I tried Vortex instead.

I added the file, installed the mod, enabled it, I also got Skyrim script enhancer. Everything green, ticked, enabled, etc. I start a new game and I hear the irritating sound of the horse drawn carriages. 'f*** this thing, it's useless' and I uninstalled it.

Then I found Nexus Mod Manager itself on some 3rd party website, installed it, found Skyrim Enhanced edition, added the mod to it, installed, enabled and whatnot. It completely broke the game and it wouldn't even start.

I uninstalled that piece of garbage too, then I found the files that it put into my Skyrim folder and deleted them, because otherwise the game wouldn't even start.

Now I downloaded Vortex again, thinking I might have done something wrong. Watched the tutorial video to confirm I didn't. Tried again, but this time, Vortex completely broke the game the same way NMM did and the game wouldn't even start. I uninstalled the mods and the game starts.

I could have watched that stupid irritating intro 6 times while trying to make this mod work. These 'mod managers' don't seem to be managing f*** all and in fact are just making my life more difficult. I'm a bit mad as you can probably tell.

How do I get this mod to work? I almost never mod games, partially because 90% of the time they don't work and just break the game and take the better half of an afternoon and a computer science degree to fix, but now I'm invested into this thing.

Plz help.

Edited by Jabloko

hello, have u installed bink64_.dll ? (dropped files and folder of SKSE in main Skyrim Folder ? )

can u try install realm of lorkhan ? did u install unoficial patch mod ?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I don't know what thins bink64_.dll is or where I was supposed to get it from? Does it come with one of the mods? Do I just google-download-paste into my skyrim folder?

I haven't installed realm of lorkhan yet, I'd like to try making this one work first.

I did install the official patch as per your recommendation.

The game simply won't start. I click play, brief loading and then nothing.

Edit: I downloaded the DLL, pasted it into my Skyrim folder, but still nothing. (and it was a replace too, so it was already there apparently)

Edit 2: I downloaded Realm of Lorkhan, that one works, but the other one still doesn't. Whenever I try to start the game with that one enabled the game simply won't start.

Edited by Jabloko

You don' t install SKSE 64 with vortex or any other mod manager.

SKSE 64 need to be manually extract to your skyrim folder (there where the .exe is) The game need to be start with skse64 loader.exe.

This .exe you can add in the dashboard tab from Vortex, and make it primary, so when you start Skyrim it start automatic first the skse64 and then Skyrim.