Sound mod remains on no matter what I try :S

Walruscopter

I downloaded this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22910?tab=description ages ago and I've never been able to get it to go away. Tried basic disabling and removing it, deleting the esp., starting a new game, trying to manually stop it with scripty stuff, reinstalling it and removing it again, using resave, reinstalling the game - nothing works. Can anyone help please? I've been trying to fix it for a few years now and this is my second or third time seeking help with it hah. Are there other things to try or should i look for an exorcist at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update/Edit. Verifying on Steam doesn't help either, neither does the updated version of the file with the add/remove tool (can add remove new instance of mod sound but not original due to the nature of the tool)

Edited by Walruscopter

Thanks very much but I'm afraid that doesn't work. That adds a second version of the sound and it works to disable it too, But it doesn't disable the original which is from memory before that version. If I could hit disable twice in a row that might do it but I can't.

From the posts, seems like others have the same issue oddly. After making sure the esp and ba2 files are gone from Mod Manager and game files, have you tried verifying the integrity of game files on Steam? (Right click FO4 and go to Local Files). Otherwise, replace the sound with an empty wav file and rename it pointing to the link in the most recent post there.

• 3 weeks later...

If nobody knows how to fix this, can anyone maybe even point me in the right direction of fixing it myself? :smile: If I can just work out what's going on then I can look for fixes to that elsewhere. I'm not a modder so I don't really get super technical stuff but I can do a lot of basic manual fiddly stuff. A mod like that injects like a perk or effect in basically right? Or is there more to it than that? Trying to remove it like that didn't do anything so there's got to be more going on in there but again, not knowing fully how mods work, there's nothing to delete or console command out that I know of so I'm not sure where the traces of the mod could possibly be lurking if that makes sense.

Edited by Walruscopter

Honestly, can't understand why it's still there even after reinstalling the game. I downloaded it and unpacked the bsa to see what's there. It's all scripts so definitely would stay baked in your save on an existing game but shouldn't on a new one if it's removed. What mod manager are you using? Mod Organizer is great for keeping mods separate and out of the main game folder to avoid things lingering.

Just before starting a new game, making sure the mod is uninstalled, go to your steamapps/common/Fallout 4/Data/Scripts folder and see if there are any scripts starting with aamy (i.e. aamyAddItemScript). If so, remove them. Go to the Source/User folder inside of Scripts and remove any aamy files in there. Make sure the HitSound01.esp and ba2 aren't still lingering in your Data folder even though you removed it.

That's all I know to try. Not sure what else could be going on to keep it lingering.