Masterlist issue

tizl

Thanks for the link, I actually read through that thread before I posted, and that's actually where I got the idea to download the masterlist.yaml from github and put it into the masterlist folder. However when I do that, then start up Vortex it gives me an error that it can't read the file, and I another error in addition to the server connection error:

Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 58, column 48: illegal map value

at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:34813)

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:33289

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:33273)

at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)

at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:295:12)

at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:271:9)

at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:212:10)

at Pipe.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23)

I don't know what file exactly is giving out a parsing error here, perhaps the masterlist.yaml? If so, this is line 58:

<meta name="description" content="The TES V: Skyrim Special Edition masterlist. Contribute to loot/skyrimse development by creating an account on GitHub.">

And column 48 seems to either be "V" or ":"

But even regardless of this, it still wants to connect to github but can't for some reason.

I also tried changing the mod staging and download folders to different locations, but still have the same issue.

Register I know you said blowing it all up and starting over is usually too much, but at this point I'm about ready to do that, because I have zero clue why this thing is not working.

You may as well blow it up, because you keep manually replacing files, and moving folders etc.

Just make sure to PURGE and then uninstall any mods, and REISNATLL Vortex WITHOUT THE ANTIVIRUS running.

NO, I haven't manually replaced ANY files. There was no masterlist.yaml in the first place, so I put in the one downloaded from github, which Vortex could not read, but then deletes anyway when I click the "Reset masterlist" button.

And also NO, I have not manually moved any folders. I changed the destination of the staging and download folders IN Vortex using the settings for testing purposes, and can easily change it back since the original destination/folders are still there.

Additionally, I've said a couple times, I DID reinstall Vortex WITHOUT THE AV RUNNING. I completely shut it down and ended the process, as well as Windows Firewall.

NO, I haven't manually replaced ANY files. There was no masterlist.yaml in the first place, so I put in the one downloaded from github, which Vortex could not read, but then deletes anyway when I click the "Reset masterlist" button.

You may as well blow it up, because you keep manually replacing files, and moving folders etc.

Just make sure to PURGE and then uninstall any mods, and REISNATLL Vortex WITHOUT THE ANTIVIRUS running.

And also NO, I have not manually moved any folders. I changed the destination of the staging and download folders IN Vortex using the settings for testing purposes, and can easily change it back since the original destination/folders are still there.

Additionally, I've said a couple times, I DID reinstall Vortex WITHOUT THE AV RUNNING. I completely shut it down and ended the process, as well as Windows Firewall.

Well, the manually replacing the masterlist.yaml was the one I was most concerned about, Vortex generally doesn't like it when file operations are done outside of it.

But yea, go and clean everything and start over.

• 2 years later...
Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 2350, column 9: the referenced anchor is not defined

at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:619583)

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618056

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618039)

at Socket.emit (node:events:513:28)

at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:324:12)

at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:297:9)

at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:234:10)

at Pipe.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)