Cycle rules

sirhedley
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

I am getting a message stating mod rules contain cycles. A very useful message and one I have seen numerous times before while modding. However, when I click on the mods that are in the cycle, I do not get the diagram that normal shows up. I can close Vortex, then open it and I can sometimes get this work. Any reason why Vortex is doing this? I do not remember ever having this problem before? This is suppose to be the easy way to fix cycle rules, and it is quite annoying to have to find each mod in conflict under the mange rules tab as this so much longer, and is so much easier to make it worse.

another issue I noticed was after flipping a rule to try and resolve the issue, when I finally get the diagram to finally open again there are arrows pointing both ways between mods. This is a tad bizarre since if a mod is loading before and you flip the rule, it should load after, and not be never with.

Cheers,

The biggest cause of Cyclic Rules is putting Plugins into Groups, (which also have their own LOAD BEFORE/LOAD AFTER rules), then trying to make a Plugin LOAD AFTER another plugin, that's in a group that LOADS BEFORE the other Plugin's Group.

EX:

Group B loads AFTER Group A

You assign Plugin 1 to Group A

You assign Plugin 2 to Group B

You then make a rule for Vortex to load Plugin 1 (Group A) AFTER Plugin 2 (group B), but it can't because Group B Loads AFTER Group A, and you're telling it to load the Plugins in the opposite order of the Groups.

The biggest cause of Cyclic Rules is putting Plugins into Groups, (which also have their own LOAD BEFORE/LOAD AFTER rules), then trying to make a Plugin LOAD AFTER another plugin, that's in a group that LOADS BEFORE the other Plugin's Group.

EX:

You then make a rule for Vortex to load Plugin 1 (Group A) AFTER Plugin 2 (group B), but it can't because Group B Loads AFTER Group A, and you're telling it to load the Plugins in the opposite order of the Groups.

Yes I know this lol. This is not what the issue is. The issue is after I click on the mods listed in the mod cycle warning I can only open the diagram you get where you can chose to flip the rule between mod A and mod B once. The if the diagram closes as normal and there is still a cycle warning or I chose the wrong mods to change, the diagram will not open again unless I close Vortex and re-open it. Sometimes this works immediately and other times it does not. This issue is all with mods of the same type such as Body, face and hair which according to the mod instruction should all be in the same group. This last bit is just an example and I picked that category at random. The mods from other categories I have not had this issue. Just mods from the same type, and the diagram use to always open up when you clicked on the affected mods, at least as far as I can recall.

EX:

Yes I know this lol. This is not what the issue is. The issue is after I click on the mods listed in the mod cycle warning I can only open the diagram you get where you can chose to flip the rule between mod A and mod B once. The if the diagram closes as normal and there is still a cycle warning or I chose the wrong mods to change, the diagram will not open again unless I close Vortex and re-open it. Sometimes this works immediately and other times it does not. This issue is all with mods of the same type such as Body, face and hair which according to the mod instruction should all be in the same group. This last bit is just an example and I picked that category at random. The mods from other categories I have not had this issue. Just mods from the same type, and the diagram use to always open up when you clicked on the affected mods, at least as far as I can recall.

On the MOD tab, or the PLUGIN Tab?

What happens when you click the MANAGE RULES button in the top menu?

Guest deleted34304850

the diagram is for plugins

if you have cyclic rules in your mods you won't see that.

EX:

On the MOD tab, or the PLUGIN Tab?

What happens when you click the MANAGE RULES button in the top menu?

The issue is when I am in the mod tab. When I select the manage rules option, all the rules open up as it is suppose to.

I am in the mod tab, not the plugin tab, and I can access the diagram when in the mod tab, that is where I am getting the cycle warning.

I am in the mod tab, not the plugin tab, and I can access the diagram when in the mod tab, that is where I am getting the cycle warning.

It could be a bug, maybe you should report it using the built in Report tool just in case, there was a bug found yesterday as well, so it's always possible

Guest deleted34304850

the only dialog i get if i force cyclic rules errors is a screen where i can tell vortex to load a mod before or after another mod.

that dialog comes up any time i have a cyclic rule. i get no other diagram from cyclic rules on my mod page.

on my plugins page if i put a plugin in the wrong group and generate a cyclic error because of my group placement, i can move the mod out of the group into another group (almost all of my plugins are in default because i honestly dont care about groups that much).

other than that - i dont know what other diagram you're referring to.

It could be a bug, maybe you should report it using the built in Report tool just in case, there was a bug found yesterday as well, so it's always possible

Okay I will do that. Thanks!