Help: Modify vanilla spell costs, but it may not affect npcs

Deleted6656695User

I think that mages are too powerful, and I almost feel no reward in leveling up. So I'd like to make the gameplay a little more difficult and rewarding for myself, by making Flames spell cost more magicka for example (and many more). So I'd have a reason to occasionally use melee weapons, and bound weapons through spells.

Short: I want to modify spell costs of vanilla spells, but npcs who use the same spells may not be affected by this plugin. Is this even possible?

How do I achieve that? I thought that deleting all of the actors from my plugin file would fix that (I loaded Skyrim as masterfile) :S then I though it will just take them out of the game as long this plugin is loaded.

Please help, thanks!

You can create a perk that reduces the spell cost by a specific amount with the Perk Owner condition being the player, and give your character that perk either by directly adding to the player, adding through script or through the EquipAbility section of Magic Effect

Thanks!

I guess this makes sense to me, I always forget what perks are capable of (I rarely use them, beginners business!). Going to do it this way :smile:

Edit: works! I do it this way, that I add a keyword to each spell I wish to modify (and obviously the perk owner is player).

Thanks again.

Edited by Guest