Question about Mod Merging

matthewisepic

So, I like to merge alot of weapon mods together into one giant leveled list, but supposedly I have to remove all the inactive esps from my load order since they count against the total limit. Using MO2, having to drag them out one by one, and then make a folder with the exact name of the mod and place the .esps in. Then, drag it back into my mods folder whenever I want to add/change the merge. This is a total pain in the ass. Is there any way I can optimize this?

Not really. Creating a "merged plugin" is a form of optimization. As the choice of plugins to be merged is very personal, there is no current real way to "read your mind". And there is not really any alternative to removing the "redundant, merged plugins" from your LO or you won't get the reduced plugin slot benefit.

You might want to read the wiki "Merged Plugin Guidelines for Personal Use" article. You should be choosing to merge mods which are fairly stable and not changing frequently. Or at least currently have what you really want and can just be ignored if they only add new features you don't really need. (Once you get to your preferred weapon mix, how often do you really swap it out? The rest just become "eye candy".)

Remember: the basic mantra of the game is "Don't change anything once you start." (Nobody is "that lucky" every time.)

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent