[FO4] Texture mods do not load in game using vortex

dbsmishra279

Hello,

Complete modding noob here and would appreciate any help.

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same DRIVE(edited from:directory), added data invalidation lines in the ini files, and installed/deployed the following mods(in screenshot).

(I faced one conflict between Enhanced Blood Texture and Fallout 4 Texture Optimization Project to which I set the rule to load EBT after Fallout 4 TOP[Please correct me if I'm wrong])

All the mods work except the building/landscape/environment etc. textures. I can see that Enhanced Blood textures work and so does Improved Maps with visible road 2.0.

I found multiple posts on the same issue but couldn't find a solution anywhere.

The mods that don't show any effect are:

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

- SavrenX Landscape Interior Building DLC

- High Res Pack 2k - Valius

- Vivid Fallout - All in one

Building interior/exterior, roads etc look really bad and very low res. Some in-game components look good though like cabinets in some houses so I think some mod is working.

I didn't set my load order manually. I let vortex sort the load order.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8421313-vortex-texture-mods-do-not-work-all-other-mods-work-fine-any-ideas/

This was my reference post so I've tried everything that was done here before proceeding to make a new topic to see if this issue has been resolved.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Thank you.

Edited by dbsmishra279

Hello,

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory, added data invalidation lines in the ini files, and installed/deployed the following mods(in screenshot).

(I faced one conflict between Enhanced Blood Texture and Fallout 4 Texture Optimization Project to which I set the rule to load EBT after Fallout 4 TOP[Please correct me if I'm wrong])

All the mods work except the building/landscape/environment etc. textures. I can see that Enhanced Blood textures work and so does Improved Maps with visible road 2.0.

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

Building interior/exterior, roads etc look really bad and very low res. Some in-game components look good though like cabinets in some houses so I think some mod is working.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8421313-vortex-texture-mods-do-not-work-all-other-mods-work-fine-any-ideas/

This was my reference post so I've tried everything that was done here before proceeding to make a new topic to see if this issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

I do have the same issue, been working on to solve for a very long time, which ended me up right here.. I do apriciate any help about this issue.

I have / had the same issue with Vortex, Tried changing the sResourceDataDirsFinal in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini (located in documents/mygames/fallout4) which was blank, to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\ and it partially worked!!!

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

So try that, maybe it will work with every texture mod you have :-)

Found it here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/135512931350867828/

Edited by KaktusikCZ

Guest deleted34304850

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

two posts, both containing the same nonsense. well done you.

S

Hello,

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory, added data invalidation lines in the ini files, and installed/deployed the following mods(in screenshot).

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

Thank you.

I do have the same issue, been working on to solve for a very long time, which ended me up right here.. I do apriciate any help about this issue.

I have / had the same issue with Vortex, Tried changing the sResourceDataDirsFinal in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini (located in documents/mygames/fallout4) which was blank, to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\ and it partially worked!!!

So try that, maybe it will work with every texture mod you have :-)

Found it here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/135512931350867828/

Sorry, that didn't work for me.

Also, going through the attched Steam forum post, I tried searching for "sResourceArchiveList or SResourceArchiveList2 should have those BA2 names like SResourceArchiveList2= Fallout4 - Animations.ba2, RaiderOverhaul - Main.BA2, RaiderOverhaul - Textures.BA2" in my Fallout4.ini file which would imply I have texture mods installed/deployed.

I did find similar stuff in Fallout4.ini :

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg

SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList=Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

I don't know what to make of it though. Are the mods working? Or are they failing to overwrite the vanilla textures?

Would you mind being helpful rather than going around criticizing others who are atleast trying?

Guest deleted34304850

Would you mind being helpful rather than going around criticizing others who are atleast trying?

well i think someone giving you information that is just plain wrong is not helping. but hey - if you want to take their advice, be my guest.

good luck figuring it out.

well i think someone giving you information that is just plain wrong is not helping. but hey - if you want to take their advice, be my guest.

good luck figuring it out.

Hey man, you just don't get it do you? I'm not saying you're wrong at all.

What I'm trying to say is if you don't have anything substantial to contribute in this matter, you shouldn't go shutting down anyone who is atleast trying. Correct them and try being helpful maybe? If it worked for him/her (somehow), it might work me. You don't have to be rude about it.

I've come across atleast 30 posts regarding the same issue I'm having and I'm pretty confident this matter is not resolved yet.

If you know something, pass on the information. If you know what's wrong OR you want more information from my side, please let me know. If you know someone who can help, refer them here.

Thanks.

Hello,

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

Thank you.

Well, this is a problem....

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory

Installed the MOD MANAGER VORTEX, in the Same Directory as the High Res Pack?

Do you mean you have Vortex installed in the Game Data Directory, or somehow have Vortex installed in its Own Mod Staging Folder?

-OR-

when you say "Installed Vortex in the same directory" do you mean you Installed Vortex on the same DRIVE as the Game?