[FO4] Texture mods do not load in game using vortex

dbsmishra279

dbsmishra279,

Download and install wrye bash, run it, then close and log into the game as you normally would (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032). Any change?

P.S English is not my first language, sorry.

Did what you asked.

No change though.

Thanks anyway.

Given that your problem persists regardless of the mod manager used, it would seem then that the problem is not mod manager related. Perhaps you should take this issue to a Fallout 4 support forum.

Guest deleted34304850

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

two posts, both containing the same nonsense. well done you.

Mate, I already explained what i meant in that second topic... The main point of my post was adding the lines to Fallout.ini and Custom.ini , not my guess that Vortex does not deploy texture mods. Please stop being toxic, unfortunatelly my solution did not work for dbsmishra but it worked for me, so atleast i tried...

not being toxic.

passing bad advice could be considered toxic as in you could cause even more problems getting the OP to edit allsorts of files which is simply not required.

your assertion that vortex "ignores" ba2 files is simply wrong, made worse by a further assertion that it will install some ba2 files but not others. this shows a complete lack of understanding about how mod managers work and how to add mods to your game.

none of what you suggested is correct, or necessary.

the issue with the OP is going to be resolved by the OP eventually going back to a clean install, and following one of gopher's vortex tutorials about how to set it up and get going. it's nothing to do with ignoring some files or making wild edits that are not necessary. it's entirely down to the fact that the OP's setup of vortex isn't optimal.

helping people is fine, but you need to know what you're talking about otherwise your well-intended efforts could further derail the OP and then what happens? well going on history, people will blame vortex, as they always do (read the vast majority of posts in these forums).

to help, you need to be clear and correct. otherwise you're just adding to the problem.

AugustaCalidia, 1ae0bfb8,

This was an assumption that needed checking for me personally, just can't run fallout 4 right now, but on oblivion, fallout 3 and NV I had this problem and the issue was ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated! Wrye Bash created his own and after that everything worked fine through vortex. It's a little different in fallout 4, but still...

Guest deleted34304850

This was an assumption that needed checking for me personally, just can't run fallout 4 right now, but on oblivion, fallout 3 and NV I had this problem and the issue was ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated! Wrye Bash created his own and after that everything worked fine through vortex. It's a little different in fallout 4, but still...

*sigh*

OP if you're still following this thread, it's probably time for you to start over.

this is my advice based on your comments in this thread - it's free so its worth what you paid for it.

if it was my game, i would do this;

before i start, i would watch this video series;

this is about as good an intro as there is. watch it, they're not long and they're not confusing.

1. go into vortex and purge all my mods. make sure all of them are uninstalled. you don't need to delete the archives, unless you want to redownload everything again, just make sure that there are no mods installed in your game by vortex.

2. delete my data folder from my fallout directory. this deletes all my mods, loose files and everything else.our

3. use steam to validate my game files. this will recreate the data directory, but it will be empty.

at this poinit you are left with a vanilla game.

start the game.

does it start okay now? if it starts okay congratulations you've got a vanilla game working. you can quit the game now, this was just a smoke test to make sure you're on the way.

4. fire up vortex and download and install the unofficial fallout 4 patch. make sure you enable and deploy the mod. you can find this mod here; https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598

5. start up the game and select new game. you should get a warning telling you mods are loaded and achievements are disabled.

if you get the warning in step 5, congratulations you have modded fallout 4 correctly. you can stop the game at this point.

oh and one more thing; you say you had the bethesda high resolution pack downloaded and installed. don't use this. it's apalling. there are many, many better and more optimal texture packs on nexusmods. do yourself a favour and make sure you have this option unselected in steam, so that you don't bring this into your game files. i promise you this will cause you untold issues if you use it, it's just not worth it even though it's free.

i'll stop this thread here, because there's a lot to digest. i encourage you to take your time, and follow the steps one by one.

if you can reply to this topic we can continue.

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

two posts, both containing the same nonsense. well done you.

Mate, I already explained what i meant in that second topic... The main point of my post was adding the lines to Fallout.ini and Custom.ini , not my guess that Vortex does not deploy texture mods. Please stop being toxic, unfortunatelly my solution did not work for dbsmishra but it worked for me, so atleast i tried...

not being toxic.

passing bad advice could be considered toxic as in you could cause even more problems getting the OP to edit allsorts of files which is simply not required.

your assertion that vortex "ignores" ba2 files is simply wrong, made worse by a further assertion that it will install some ba2 files but not others. this shows a complete lack of understanding about how mod managers work and how to add mods to your game.

none of what you suggested is correct, or necessary.

the issue with the OP is going to be resolved by the OP eventually going back to a clean install, and following one of gopher's vortex tutorials about how to set it up and get going. it's nothing to do with ignoring some files or making wild edits that are not necessary. it's entirely down to the fact that the OP's setup of vortex isn't optimal.

helping people is fine, but you need to know what you're talking about otherwise your well-intended efforts could further derail the OP and then what happens? well going on history, people will blame vortex, as they always do (read the vast majority of posts in these forums).

to help, you need to be clear and correct. otherwise you're just adding to the problem.

Yes, I did follow Gopher's vortex installation guide for FalloutNV and it worked like a charm. I downloaded his entire FNV mod list, followed his instructions and faced zero problems.

Unfortunately he hasn't made any extensive texture overhaul videos for Fallout4 so I just followed the same instructions as FNV.

To my surprise I didn't face any conflicts so that was kind of a relief. But eventually all of the above happened which lead me here.

I will take your advice and do a clean installation of everything WITHOUT the High Res Pack as @HadToRegister pointed out if I don't have enough VRAM my textures would look bad in general.

If it still doesn't work I think I'll have to move to Fallout 4 Support forum as @AugustaCalidia suggested.

Thanks a lot.

*sigh*

OP if you're still following this thread, it's probably time for you to start over.

this is my advice based on your comments in this thread - it's free so its worth what you paid for it.

if it was my game, i would do this;

before i start, i would watch this video series;

this is about as good an intro as there is. watch it, they're not long and they're not confusing.

1. go into vortex and purge all my mods. make sure all of them are uninstalled. you don't need to delete the archives, unless you want to redownload everything again, just make sure that there are no mods installed in your game by vortex.

2. delete my data folder from my fallout directory. this deletes all my mods, loose files and everything else.our

3. use steam to validate my game files. this will recreate the data directory, but it will be empty.

at this poinit you are left with a vanilla game.

start the game.

does it start okay now? if it starts okay congratulations you've got a vanilla game working. you can quit the game now, this was just a smoke test to make sure you're on the way.

4. fire up vortex and download and install the unofficial fallout 4 patch. make sure you enable and deploy the mod. you can find this mod here; https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598

5. start up the game and select new game. you should get a warning telling you mods are loaded and achievements are disabled.

if you get the warning in step 5, congratulations you have modded fallout 4 correctly. you can stop the game at this point.

oh and one more thing; you say you had the bethesda high resolution pack downloaded and installed. don't use this. it's apalling. there are many, many better and more optimal texture packs on nexusmods. do yourself a favour and make sure you have this option unselected in steam, so that you don't bring this into your game files. i promise you this will cause you untold issues if you use it, it's just not worth it even though it's free.

i'll stop this thread here, because there's a lot to digest. i encourage you to take your time, and follow the steps one by one.

if you can reply to this topic we can continue.

Will do and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you so much.

Your time and help much appreciated.

ArchiveIndalidatedInvalidated is only for OLDER Bethesda games that required Archive Invalidation such as Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas

Please don't have the OP who is seeking help, running an experiment by you that has nothing to do with Fallout 4.

It just confuses things.

Guest deleted34304850

Picking up from my post earlier this morning;

if you get to the point where you can start the game with UFO4P installed and you see the message about mods installed/achievements disabled, proceed to start a new game and play it to the point where you are just about to leave the vault 111.

1. at this point save your game and quit. this is going to give you a place to restart your game without having to repeat the start up quests.

2. once you have quit the game, fire up vortex and install one and only one texture mod. doesn't matter which one you install. install it, make sure it's enabled and deployed

3. start fallout4 again. if the game starts up from where you left it, then you're golden. no missing masters, no missing files no ctd.

4. leave the vault. do you see any difference in the world when you leave the vault?

repeat these steps for each texture mod you want to install (I would recommend anything by luxor if you're open to recommendations).

each time, go back to your save in the vault, and leave the vault going to the world and see if you can see any noticable difference with the world as you put more and more mods on.

now one thing to be aware of - the falliout engine is really old. really, really old, and fallout is not the most stable game, and doesn't really do well with overwhelming amounts of detail. avoid grass mods. avoid mods that bring in 4k and 8k textures - you really dont need them. limit yourself to 2k texture files - for now - simply to get yourself to a point where your game loads and plays at a reasonable fps rate.

the point of all this is to get you to a point where your game starts and you have texture files in place.

once you get to that point you can go hog wild on 8k textures for pencils and eyeballs and anything else.

I don´t know if you are using ENB, bui i solved my situation this way. Some of the textures were appearing very low res and some changes from texture mods did not even appear in the game. Your problem is probably different, but I will still post this message.

In the end the problem was not in the ini files. The textures were not loading properly due to wrong enblocal settings, so it was a problem with ENB. I edited the VideoMemorySizeMb to 10240, which is as I had read the highest value possible (even if I have 24GB total RAM+VRAM), I sticked to the basic scheme (RAM+VRAM in Mb) - 6144Mb (for game and other processes) = ... (max value is 10240, even if the result is a bigger number)

That worked for me and all textures now load properly

Followed this, didn´t need to do the [general] part: https://www.reddit.com/r/FO4mods/comments/6b8wfg/enb_is_preventing_some_textures_from_loading_at/