Diesha

Is it possible to expand the marriage system into having a honeymoon period, a pregnancy period, and then the raising of children into adulthood? This is an immersive mod

The mod would first start off by giving you a quest where you go on this honeymoon adventure after you get married to your spouse. The quest would be fun, long and hard; and the rewards will be tremendous: like a house and a plot of land and you sowing your seeds...or receiving them. (i don't really care for the actual sexual act. A little ruffling under the sheets would do for me. But, if you want to make it R rated go ahead, just give me an option) There will be a 9 month pregnancy according to skyrim timescale where you willl be updated and responsible for your partners well being. You would have to make sure they 're fed, or your fed...and that you don't get damaged too much during dangerous encounters. It would be cool to introduce a percentage of whether the baby will be carried to term or not, using things like: exposure to disease, cold, famine, etc. That can also stretch into the later life stages of the child since skyrim is a harsh and cold land. When your children start to get older, (growing accordingly to the skyrim timescale) you can teach them things that you know and later use them as companions. When they become adults they could meld into skyrim as an npc.

Some highlights:

• You will actually see you or your spouse's belly growing larger during the pregnancy.

• updates on the health of the pregnancy: you/your spouse might suddenly need/demand a wheel of cheese to eat 4am in the morning or else the condition of your baby will deteriorate because you didn't require the food it needed in the time it needed it. You might even have to sleep more at some point, which would actually speed up the pregnancy, but only to a certain extent.

• rested baby buff, alongside well rested buff

• appearance selection (much like default character creation) of children right before they're born ( i can see people, already, modding it in a way that they give birth to a falmer, or a giant or something) Appearance selection will also include selectable personality traits like you can make your kids demeanor appear sullen or angry, or something.

• children can be taught anything you know (or don't know) by simply using the desire item you want them to learn when they are old enough to become companions. (old enough as in the age default children look in skyrim now) When they leave home to start a new life you can choose to play as them at anytime, AND/OR depending on what you taught them, it will benefit you in the future. A benefit would be, for example, if you read them books most of their life they're speechcraft will be maxed out at adulthood. Soooo if they become a noble, or a store owner you can benefit from whatever that job entails. (money, jewelry, allegiances, special invitations, etc.)

• you will see the stages realm children develop through. I guess this will be a lot of work here, since you would have to actually create a baby, a toddler, and a teenager from scratch. (as far as the default children in skyrim- they already look like kids or preteens, so we could skip that) The babies and toddlers will stick around or inside the quest home; or a house you choose later on. Preteens and teens are at the age to be companions. When they reach adulthood they gain free will and will ask to be release from their service to you to meld into the population as an npc. You can still contact your children at anytime to be companions for you! They will send you post cards about where they are and what they're doing!

• as of now it seems this mod is only for human base characters.,.perhaps it can be expanded to kahjiit and argonians, maybe some hybrids O_o

• fun fact: the birth of your child kills an unimportant npc in order to take its place later on as an adult. Wouldn't it be cool that overtime your children could replace most of the people of skyrim.

• What do you guys think. Could this be possible?
Edited by Diesha

This sounds like it would be a really great (though difficult to make) mod! Wouldn't it be strange though that you're children are aging yet the normal npc children remain the same age though? In fact that kind of goes for all the characters in the game!

This would be cool, except if you yourself play female characters (assuming they're married to a male NPC in the first place)! Can you imagine trying to go out and kill dragons while heavily pregnant? And forget about fitting into your armor for a long time to come.

For male characters it could work, but nine months is a pretty long in-game time to wait, especially if you usually set the timescale to something more realistic-- which a lot of people into immersion and roleplaying (the people this would appeal to most) do. At x3 or x4, this would be about 1500-2000+ hours of gameplay. And it just doesn't seem fair to implement a whole new facet of gameplay which you can only enjoy when playing a straight male character.

It's a nice idea, but there's a really good reason Bethesda didn't implement anything like this in Hearthfire. It's fine for The Sims 3, but inconvenient in an adventure RPG in all sorts of ways.

Of course I know that wouldn't stop the modding community. :D I think it would take a lot of more careful planning, though, not to mention that making new models for children and teenagers is an awful lot of work and it'd take someone very skilled to do it. Someone who could do it and make it look polished would probably rather do it for money than for a mod. (Adult bodies with bigger heads doesn't really cut it, children's bodies are proportionally completely different. Ever seen one of those 'mer children' mods which are basically scaled-down adult elves with children's voices? It gets the uncanny valley senses crawling.)

Although having a baby in like, lets say, 2 months is amazingly inaccurate (but so are the existence of dragons in the game) we could reduce the timescale. As far as who can raise children, I think same gender people can raise children too in the mod. Unless, you were asking if a male can experience pregnancy or were you saying that it would be less fun for a female character becasue she has the burden of pregnancy? You can still go out and battle things, yay know, you'll just have to learn how not to get hit too much and it would be challenging. Or you can simply increase your blocking skill.

Oh wait here we go, how about this..

lets stamp out all of the pregnancy part altogether and have you or your spouse take a potion ( the screen goes black, time counts down after 9months, much like wait time but 20x's faster) afterward a baby appears in the extra room of your house, then you 'll be able to do everything else i said earlier. You'ld still would have to make the complex models though, but maybe it would be more fair for both sexes.

I tried it, it just reduces the amount of time you can play Skyrim.

tried what?

I looked in your post and someone said there was a mod like what we were asking for. I took a look at it and it just doesn't seem as interactive as I would like it to be.