Zachsparrow

This idea came to me while I was playing a cowboy/sheriff type character. The classic Old West type.

I got to the part where Joe Cobb was threatening Goodsprings and I thought to myself what I should do, staying in character. I wouldn't just blow his head off, but I also wouldn't put others in harms way. Then it came to me that this character would probably challenge him to a duel in the middle of town. I looked for a mod that added this, thinking that it CERTAINLY would have already been done due to the Old Western vibe of the Mojave Wasteland, but my search came up blank. I'm not sure if it would work or not, what with engine limitations, but I think this is a good idea for a mod.

The thought is that the player could challenge any NPC to a duel. Both would use a handgun (default to 357 revolver if they don't have one in their inventory), and then a timer would slowly count down at the top of the HUD. The guns would be set to instantly kill for the duration of this fight, and once it is over they return to normal. I understand that you may be thinking that the NPC would always win, but that isn't necessarily the case. Perhaps you could have their reaction speed change depending on the level and faction. (Example : An NCR officer that is a high level would still have a cut to his draw speed due to the fact that they are soldiers and are used to going into open battle with allies, rather than one on one, planned gunfights.)

So, is this possible? Would anybody be willing to make this mod?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like this idea AS LONG as it is nothing like COJ bound in blood. i bought the game cheap off steam and i never gone far after they added the horrored deul system they added. i never was good at games but if my naphew (always high ranking in call of duty, Halo ECT and he had a hard time doing this, its really bad. but anyway. if they added a really good duelling system it might add some things this game was missing since it is something i thought it needed. if done right.

It would be awesome and perfectly fit the mood of the game,specially with mods such as New Vegas Bounties.I dont think it will ever get done,though.Im hoping Im wrong!

i agree with you there. and something that cant be auto started buy the npc. it was start to feel repetatef from that (being done to much) never less u done want them appearing with a hand gun and the gun u already have out is a rocket launcher and u already know who will win from that. xD the mod should be able to switch u to a hand gun if u have one and if u dont then it wont start a dual. i very rarely carries a hand gun, its normally a energy weapon

I try to kind of simulate that by being unarmed if I dont have the gun on my hands,and by not being that guy that walks around flagging everyone with his weapon.When something happens,I have to press the right key or open the pipboy and pick the gun,and then proceed to killing.Of course I still kill them,but every once in a while a NPC manages do get a good shot off before I get my gun out.If you already have it on you,it feels like cheating: you just press Vats and thats it!Mine is definitively not a solution,but its better then nothing,I guess.

my two cents, and no you couldnt use your favorite revolver from mod x, but:

the revolver the player is given for the duration of the duel could be a custom weapon, same graphical files and all but the stats tweaked to deal a one or two hit kill.

a "legitimate" use for god guns

my two cents, and no you couldnt use your favorite revolver from mod x, but:

the revolver the player is given for the duration of the duel could be a custom weapon, same graphical files and all but the stats tweaked to deal a one or two hit kill.

a "legitimate" use for god guns

i see your point and agree..