[LE] don't know how to edit a mod

It looks like he mixed a few mod hairs together and also used a modified head. Then added a horn helm and called it the hair.

I'll load it up in the kit and take a look ... I don't use that body style so this will be untested ...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the data ... aaaHairLineFemaleNordDUPLICATE002 there are two slots lower in the interface ... actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.nif and actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.tri

Yet them files are not in the loose files with the mod. So .. the horns says they are really a circlet. So that should be able to come off in game.

Wild guess here but, take the hair you like from one of them hair kits. Rename both of them to the ones listed up top and put them in that spot (mesh folder).

Now that hair will ask for a texture and that has to be in the spot it asked for also. Per that hair ... (you can see and edit this with NifSkope)

or just add whatever mod you got the hair from folders to your Skyrim (that way the hair mesh will find it's texture). At least the textures.

This will be hit or miss depending on if you picked the right hair mod. It looks like an Apachii hairstyle to me.

This is exactly why editing the hair on a follower is complicated. This guy redefined everything so you will have to deal with his version how this is done.

Make sure you back up the mod 1st ... Just incase. But, you may be able to get by without even using the kit here. Other than references to see how he set it up.

That however should be the easiest way to get this done for you.

Edited by NexusComa2

in the data ... aaaHairLineFemaleNordDUPLICATE002 there are two slots lower in the interface ... actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.nif and actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.tri

Yet them files are not in the loose files with the mod. So .. the horns says they are really a circlet. So that should be able to come off in game.

Wild guess here but, take the hair you like from one of them hair kits. Rename both of them to the ones listed up top and put them in that spot.

Now that hair will ask for a texture and that has to be in the spot it asked for also. Per that hair ... (you can see and edit this with NifSkope)

or just add whatever mod you got the hair from folders to your Skyrim (that way the hair mesh will find it's texture).

Make sure you back up the mod 1st ...

i can still download the mod again if anything goes wrong, right? but fvor the horns the weird thing is that i gave poppy a dwemer helmet and they were there...

Yes or you could just copy it and save it someplace else ... Like I said you may be able to get by here without even using the kit.

To be honest .. (Just my point of view) this mod is made very sloppy. I wouldn't even use it.

Edited by NexusComa2

Yes or you could just copy it and save it someplace else ... like I said you may be able to get by here without even using the kit.

do you think it's possible to simply erase the hair and horns parts and add the hair when i find one that i like? i have a mod that let me use horns as circlets or something.

it's not a simple as i wanted it to be but right now , all of this is giving me a light headache...

Edited by Cetanox

The way I suggested was to just replace the hair by the same name it is looking for. You could edit it in the kit to be aimed at the hair you like but that is a whole new can of worms.

And again he changed everything to go to custom locations. So you think that headache is bad now just wait ... :P I'd try the simple hair swap I posted just to see 1st.

As for the horns it looks like you could remove them from the kit without any problems ... but again you just never know with a custom mod like that.

Myself I would use Nifskope and track everything down edit the meshes to go where I want them to find the texture ... (pop texture folder)

The mod also has nord brown hair as the default and I'm not really seeing where he is adding that custom texture to anything. So that means it's in the .nif file.

A .nif file to a hair that isn't even included. <- lol, some crazy editing going on here. It's not going to be easy to fix it the right way. As it was not made the the right way.

Try what I posted GL.

i checked something and the author said he didnt want his files to be modified without his consent so i sent him a message to ask.

i'll see if he can change the hairstyle for me.

Edited by Cetanox

The way I suggested was to just replace the hair by the same name it is looking for. You could edit it in the kit to be aimed at the hair you like but that is a whole new can of worms.

And again he changed everything to go to custom locations. So you think that headache is bad now just wait ... :tongue: I'd try the simple hair swap I posted just to see 1st.

As for the horns it looks like you could remove them from the kit without any problems ... but again you just never know with a custom mod like that.

Myself I would use Nifskope and track everything down edit the meshes to go where I want them to find the texture ... (pop texture folder)

The mod also has nord brown hair as the default and I'm not really seeing where he is adding that custom texture to anything. So that means it's in the .nif file.

A .nif file to a hair that isn't even included. <- lol, some crazy editing going on here. It's not going to be easy to fix it the right way. As it was not made the the right way.

Try what I posted GL.

how do i change the "data"? via notepad?