[LE] don't know how to edit a mod

You don't ... just put the new hair files in by the names I stated in the spot i stated.

meshes\actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.nif and meshes\actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.tri

are the names it's looking for in them folders.

Whatever mod you got the hair from make sure you also add the textures folder right where that mod puts it.

textures\apachiiskyhairfemale most likely.

If you wish to edit the locations you would change the lines I stated in the CK and the mesh in NifSkope.

I suggest tryin the hair swap 1st. If it works you're set. If it don't work you got the wrong hair type (from a hair kit).

or there is more hacking going on in the mod than I'm seeing.

Edited by NexusComa2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't ... just put the new hair files in by the names I stated in the spot i stated.

meshes\actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.nif and meshes\actors\character\pop\hair\hairline78.tri

are the names it's looking for in them folders.

Whatever mod you got the hair from make sure you also add the textures folder right where that mod puts it.

textures\apachiiskyhairfemale most likely.

If you wish to edit the locations you would change the lines I stated in the CK and the mesh in NifSkope.

I suggest tryin the hair swap 1st. If it works you're set. If it don't work you got the wrong hair type (from a hair kit).

or there is more hacking going on in the mod than I'm seeing.

i'm in the folder where you told me to go but i cant see the "hairlines78"s

Yes i know .. I'm hoping to bypass his hacks and just link it directly. Just rename your new hair files by that name. Should be two, one is the .tri file (whatever tri file you find in the hair mods folder will work for that one). This is just a hope it works kind of thing. If not you will have to track down the hair refences in the kit and with Nifskope to change this.

Edited by NexusComa2

I tried it myself and it didn't work ... booo

Back up the mod ... Open up the Creation kit. Click the top left icon to load a mod. Double right click on the follower to make that the active mod and press load.
On the left [ Object window ] at the bottom click [ ALL ] now, in the search box type in aaap.
Find aaaPopFollower and double left click it to edit or right click on it pull down edit. This will take a bit to load. Once Actor interface opens ...
Move down to the [ Inventory ] tab ... delete that circlet (that is the horns).
Now move down to [ character gen data ] tab. Find (lower right) this hair entree under base head parts. Click on the hair to highlight it.
This will put the hair name in a slot just below it. Change to a different hair type.
Save and replace the old version of the .esp with your new one.
New hair ... No Horns.

Keep in mind I don't use that follower addon thing he asks you to use for the mod ... if you have that installed you may be able to switch the hair from there.

But, the horns will have to be delete as stated to remove them.

Also, the mod in the CK is so hacky ... myself I'd consider passing on this one. Good luck!

Edited by NexusComa2

Keep in mind I don't use that follower addon thing he asks you to use for the mod ... if you have that installed you may be able to switch the hair from there.

But, the horns will have to be delete as stated to remove them.

Also, the mod in the CK is so hacky ... myself I'd consider passing on this one. Good luck!

AAANNDDDD i'm back to the point i was at yesterday.

back at that damn "assert file tes shared misc bgslocalizedstring.cpp" error i got since i started trying to customize this mod.

i know all i have to do is add or edit lines for the skyrimeditor.ini but i cant seem to find what's wrong.

Edited by Cetanox

Open <path where skyrim is installaed>\SkyrimEditor.ini

Under [General] add

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

sLanguage=ENGLISH

Under [Archive]

Replace the string ... SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa

to this string ... SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Edited by NexusComa2