Mods not showing up in Manager.

cholloway7

Nexus Mod Manager was working perfectly fine when I installed it a few months back. I could see all my mods in the mods tab. But recently I deleted and reinstalled NMM and now none of my previously installed mods are showing up in the "mods" tab. I may just be doing something wrong because it looks like all my plugins are there in the "plugins" tab which includes some of the same names of my mods. The game itself works perfect, all mods are working just fine, but I'd like to be able to manage them and see when they need to be updated. Thank You.

check out this folder;

C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Mods

Should contain all your downloaded mods, if that folder is empty then obviously nothing will show up in your Mods tab. Also probably NMM will not know anymore which mod is overwritten by which mod...

Generally you should not Remove and Install NMM... it has an update feature for a reason.

I fear your only way to have your mods managed again is to check which mods you have installed (if you can) and re-download and re-activate them with NMM

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this same problem, only my mods are still in the mods folder of the NMM. I had to reinstall the NMM because I had a version that was below the version that supports updates. Now I have the version .48.2 and originally when i first downloaded the latest version and installed it, all of my mods showed up. When I came back to it later (after finally being able to connect to the online account) I got a lot of popups asking about downloading the latest versions of my mods. Since I did not want to at the time I said "no" and now find that after doing this all of the out-of-date mods were completely removed from under the "mods" tab in NMM.

Like I said before, I checked the cache and mod folder and all of my mods are still there. The plugins are all active and working like normal as well, but I can't get the NMM to see all of my mods that I said "no" to download the latest version to.

Is there a way I can trick the NMM to see my mod files again so that they will show up in the mods tab?

• 4 months later...

had the same problem uninstalled reinstalled nexus mod manager.mods not showing up only plugins.NMM created a new folder for my mods which was empty but still had my old folder which it didn't delete.so I deleted the contents of the new folder then dragged the contents of the old folder to the new. now all works fine, so if you have the original folder with your mods in it you should be ok.

• 5 months later...

For some reason my system clock did reset, and when I launched NMM it started throwing lots of warnings on upgrading the installed mods. Now it just won't let me see some of the mods I have installed (they are in the NMM folder but won't show up in the list...) Any idea? Guess I'll have to reinstall or stop updating mods...

Edit: never mind, reinstalled.

Edited by kn1ghtfall

• 5 months later...

Really? I have the opposite problem. I recently installed Dark Souls and so downloaded and installed NMM 0.55. Mods download and install just fine, but I get no plugins tab, and when I click on Automatic Plugin Sorting, I get a warning message that says this: "Nexus Mod Manager was unable to properly initialize the Automatic Sorting functionality. Something is wrong with your loadorder.txt files or plugins.txt files, or one more plugins are corrupt/broken."