Thanks !

I already have made some animated meshes with flickering glow effect - just need to adjust them.

Question about swapping meshes - is it maybe possible to add a combined effect ? After swapping glow mesh with regular mesh, apply glow fx to that regular mesh and at the same time disable it (fading away effect is in the glow mesh already)

If that's impossible, I will try the animated mesh option.

I'm fast learner.

Wher are those magic tablets in game ?

You will not be actually swapping meshes, but your secondary mesh will be an "Armor" which the actor will equip, exactly how the game's "Beast Transformation" it's done, but without changing the race, you will only be changing its appearance.

I don't remember the name of the magic tablets, but they are used in game inside "Labyrinthian".

A lot of things can be done, but all depends on your modding skills, imagination and thirst for knowledge and learning.

I've been searching those tablets in Labyrinthian, but I only found one "Etched Tablet" that has some text on. But that's just a simple mesh without any special properties. In CK it has some scripts attatced to it, but again, nothing special. I guess it's the wrong tablet.

The tablet I found: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-Place-Etched_Tablet.png

I have completed the game and the quest that leads to Labyrinthian, so the right kind of tablets may not be available to me anymore.

Exact location of these tablets could be a huge help.

Come on man, don't make it impossible... I didn't just said "Tablet", i said:

"it's those tablets with the school of magic on them that glow when you get close to them"

They are inside "Shalidor's Maze".

EDIT: The CK name is: "MagicStoneAlteration" destruction, conjuration.... etc

Edited by maxarturo

Sorry, my bad. didn't know what the school of magic means in this context. I thougth it could mean any effect that's applied to these tablets.

I haven't really played the game in a long time (years), some things are starting to be forgotten - what I do is modding and testing all the time.

Thanks for the info.

I have to admit - I have difficulties to get the animations to work on automaton's meshes. It's easy to get one animation work, but there seem to be complications with multiple animations (for different states) for one mesh. If compared to the tablet's meshes, there are fundamental differences.

Tablets have BsFadeNode inside the nif, but automatons have NiNodes. And automatons also have BSDismemberSkinInstance (not sure if that has any effect to the animations).

I copied everything from the tablets nif into the steam centurion mesh (the whole BsFadeNode) for testing, and its light effect animations worked. But when I replaced tablet's BSTriShape with my glow mapped one, light animations stopped working. Triple checked every setting and every linked reference.

EDIT: got it working by copying centurion's main NiNode into the tablet's BsFadeNode and redirecting BSLightingShaderProperties to the tablet's BSTriShape. Weird, because both BSLightingShaderProperties are 100% similar.

Haven't tested in game yet - needs a new plugin and a script.

I did warned you that it won't be something simple...

Here you have a script to test the "Glow's Animation".

- Place in a cell your actor and a lever.

- Link the lever to the actor, exactly as you would do with any other activator.

- Place this "Testing Script" to the "Base Actor".

- Now COC to the cell and activate the lever, if everything is functional you should see the glow turning ON when you activate the lever, and then OFF when you activate the lever again.

Testing Script:

Bool Property isActivated = False Auto Hidden

EVENT OnActivate(ObjectReference actronaut)
If ( isActivated == False )
isActivated = True
Debug.Notification("GLOW ON")
Self.PlayAnimation("playanim02") ;Turn On Glow
Else
isActivated = False
Debug.Notification("GLOW OFF")
Self.PlayAnimation("playanim01") ;Turn Off Glow
EndIf
ENDEVENT

EDIT: i just added a notification to be displayed so that you can see that the script is firing.

Good luck.

Edited by maxarturo

I still need to create the plugin. (I haven't done anything like this before)

And there is one thing I have to change before - instead of animating emissive color strength, I need to animate alpha. (transparency of the mesh or texture) Any advice ?

I've never try to animate the "NiAlphaProperty", neither know something that does it, i suppose in theory that it can be done.

I currently can't look into this because i've pressed the 'Turbo Modding Button' to finally finish my project, i've a lot of things ready but still i have an insane amount of work in front of me...

Have a happy modding.

Ok, I got it working visually like I need by using BSEffectShaderProperty instead of BSLightingShaderProperty. There is however a problem - now all animation sequences are the same. No matter how I change the keys.

NiControllerManager is completely ignored now