Skyrim Creation Kit Won't Open!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ADragonCalledGeorge

ADragonCalledGeorge

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 632 posts

So I have a legal version of Skyrim from Amazon and it's registered and uploaded onto Steam since I didn't buy it from there. I only bought the expansion packs from there and the main game from Amazon. Anywho, I downloaded the Creation Kit from there and it installed just fine. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and I still had problems. Basically, whenever I open the Kit, the Steam box pops up to inform me that it's opening but then it dissapears and nothing happens. Like absolutely nothing. I don't get an error message. Nothing. This is really bothersome as I want to learn how to make mods and stuff but I can't. I know my computer can handle it since it did before but I uninstalled it then. Any thoughts on how to get it to work? I don't want to reinstall Skyrim but would I have to for the Creation Kit to work?

Many thanks in advance!!

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,469 posts

Have you registered the game with Steam?

Have you tried logging out/logging back into your steam account?

You can also try verifying the Creation Kit cache files on Steam--same procedure as you would with the game, but right click on the Creation Kit in your steam library instead.

ADragonCalledGeorge

ADragonCalledGeorge

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 632 posts

Yes, I have done all of that since I want to do things legally and don't like pirating. I tried veryifying the cache and all but it still doesn't work. A real bummer. Any advice?

dave1029

dave1029

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 514 posts

Try opening it manually from you Steam/Common/Skyrim folder. Sometimes Steam can be worthless and not open things. 

CaseyTheVA

CaseyTheVA

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I just fixed the problem on my end. Turns out when I reinstalled Skyrim to another location, I had to re-install the Creation Kit into the same exact directory. Makes sense, just forgot I had reinstalled somewhere else. Hope this helps!

ghostlover15

ghostlover15

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I can't even get it to download! When I click on it to install, I go through the agreement and stuff. When it gets to the actual download it says preparing the files for download, then a steam error pops up and says "An error occurred while installing Creation Kit (unknown error)".

TMAN4G

TMAN4G

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

same(kind of....)^^^^^^^^^I start install and mine wont update. So still not working.

Anyone know how to fix this?

dinodin007

dinodin007

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I just fixed the problem on my end. Turns out when I reinstalled Skyrim to another location, I had to re-install the Creation Kit into the same exact directory. Makes sense, just forgot I had reinstalled somewhere else. Hope this helps!

Thankyou so much, I had creation kit installed to my main steam directory and was wondering why it wasn't working. This post saved my bacon

CobaltActive

CobaltActive

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well, I am experiencing something similar...

I want to make a mod for skyrim, but Skyrim won't open... I mean, I can download it and all, but I cannot seem to open it.

I'm going to try and delete any mods that may/may not have corrupted files and see if that helps. I also reccomend that to any of you with problems opening the app.

pringle88

pringle88

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i helped for me thanks

Page loaded in: 0.746 seconds