Skyrim Creation Kit Won't Open!

ADragonCalledGeorge

So I have a legal version of Skyrim from Amazon and it's registered and uploaded onto Steam since I didn't buy it from there. I only bought the expansion packs from there and the main game from Amazon. Anywho, I downloaded the Creation Kit from there and it installed just fine. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and I still had problems. Basically, whenever I open the Kit, the Steam box pops up to inform me that it's opening but then it dissapears and nothing happens. Like absolutely nothing. I don't get an error message. Nothing. This is really bothersome as I want to learn how to make mods and stuff but I can't. I know my computer can handle it since it did before but I uninstalled it then. Any thoughts on how to get it to work? I don't want to reinstall Skyrim but would I have to for the Creation Kit to work?

Many thanks in advance!!

Have you registered the game with Steam?

Have you tried logging out/logging back into your steam account?

You can also try verifying the Creation Kit cache files on Steam--same procedure as you would with the game, but right click on the Creation Kit in your steam library instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have done all of that since I want to do things legally and don't like pirating. I tried veryifying the cache and all but it still doesn't work. A real bummer. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I just fixed the problem on my end. Turns out when I reinstalled Skyrim to another location, I had to re-install the Creation Kit into the same exact directory. Makes sense, just forgot I had reinstalled somewhere else. Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just fixed the problem on my end. Turns out when I reinstalled Skyrim to another location, I had to re-install the Creation Kit into the same exact directory. Makes sense, just forgot I had reinstalled somewhere else. Hope this helps!

Thankyou so much, I had creation kit installed to my main steam directory and was wondering why it wasn't working. This post saved my bacon

• 9 months later...

Well, I am experiencing something similar...

I want to make a mod for skyrim, but Skyrim won't open... I mean, I can download it and all, but I cannot seem to open it.

I'm going to try and delete any mods that may/may not have corrupted files and see if that helps. I also reccomend that to any of you with problems opening the app.

• 2 months later...