Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

@hector530 I'm not surprised, they've shot themselves in the foot with that DRM.

I don't want to buy any of them and won't for a long time. We live from paycheck to paycheck and I just can't afford a $600 gaming system no matter what it does. And frankly, at that price unless it folds my laundry and washes my windows then bleh to them. I didn't buy an Xbox until it went down by half and even that made me want to cry. And that was when I was working full-time.

The console and gaming industry's arrogance astonishes me. Games are probably going to be 70-80 bucks for these new systems (I can't imagine them not being) and that is a HUGE freaking chunk of cash. For games that by in large are lackluster. Then if EA has its way there will be microtransactions all over the place.

My pen and paper Pathfinder game is looking better and better as is that deck of cards.

Any other item we by we can resell. Books, music CD....If I buy a disc I should be able to resell the thing and folks should be able to buy them. A small activation fee would be one thing but you know it will be a full price charge.

I also have gamefly and this will likely kill them also.

*stomps off to rage against the machine*

$70 to $80 for games you can't sell on, who in their right mind would opt for a system like that? It's bad enough not being able to sell PC games but at least they're cheaper.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on OS side on it the XBOX ONE is vastly better than what sony showed. sony has facebook and twitter built in. xbox has television, internet browser, tablets, phones, games, apps all integrated and working seamlessly together and controlled by kinect, smartglass and of course the gamepad. as an entertainment device they are years away from sony even coming close to the XBOX ONE with its PS4 on an entertainment box.

LOL you're joking right??, though it does have dx11. Woo, means better games for pc.

Edited by Thor.

on OS side on it the XBOX ONE is vastly better than what sony showed. sony has facebook and twitter built in. xbox has television, internet browser, tablets, phones, games, apps all integrated and working seamlessly together and controlled by kinect, smartglass and of course the gamepad. as an entertainment device they are years away from sony even coming close to the XBOX ONE with its PS4 on an entertainment box.

LOL you're joking right??, though it does have dx11. Woo, means better games for pc.

no im not, as an entertainment box the xbox one is vastly superior to the PS4. the PS4 has built in facebook and twitter in the OS, the xbox one can use TV, games, apps, web browser, skype, at the same time seamlessly on the demo at least. it is far better than facebook.

like i said xbox one is a far better entertainment box, PS4 seems to be a better video game console

no im not, as an entertainment box the xbox one is vastly superior to the PS4. the PS4 has built in facebook and twitter in the OS, the xbox one can use TV, games, apps, web browser, skype, at the same time seamlessly on the demo at least. it is far better than facebook.

like i said xbox one is a far better entertainment box, PS4 seems to be a better video game console

Not if you live outside the US http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407975/xbox-one-tv-only-available-for-us-at-launch/

That counts 3 so far whose immune to the drm that is the xbox one. i know some real xbox fanboys who are expressing real hate for the next gen console.

:biggrin:

Edited by Thor.

It gets worse if you take the disc around to a friends house to play... http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

:blink:

The fascinating age of ownership, where the owners actually own nothing. It's a mirage. The second a word comes out of your mouth, you no long own it.

EDIT: I wonder how the world would have been like if comunism would have won the fight against democracy. The idea of owning everything, yet nothing, is disturbing. I barely excaped it.

Edited by Pushkatu

The Xbox One...

First off, a stupid name.

Secondly, what kind of idiot would make games mandatory to install and require money to play on another console?

Thirdly, the controller looks dumb, but luckily they saw that the design for the Xbox 360 wasn't bad and kept it similar.

I don't see myself buying an Xbox One. Playstation seems the way to go now.