Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

and this

Confirmed after the conference info.
Kinect 2.0 must always be connected for the Xbox One to run.
No thank Xbox no thanks.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the masses are going to gobble it up, simples. Criticise it all you want, but everyone and their dog will be buying one.

However, one glimmer of hope presents itself...

PS4 and Xbox One (definitely a daft name) will both use x86 CPUs based on PC CPU architecture, which in my eyes means that game development at the programming level could now be essentially standardised, hopefully meaning that gone will be the days of pathetic optimisation in console to PC ports, or at least it won't be as bad as it has been this "generation".

That's what I'm hoping anyway!

I'm not buying either of these new consoles though, they don't interest me at all. They can take their social network integration rubbish and... lol :P

Valve must be having an absolute giggle right now. Settled it for me; I'm going to buy a small form-factor PC and chuck it behind my TV. Needed one for LAN parties anyway. Will put Steam on it, use the big screen mode, link up my current 360 controllers and continue to laugh at all the console idiots. Has Facebook/Twitter/Skype/Netflix/Sky Sports/phone app support built in as well! ;)

PC gamers continue to be the master race. Thank god.

How is this TV supposed to work then? I can't see Virginmedia or Sky handing over their encryption keys to Microsoft, without those keys how is it supposed to decrypt the signal?

@Dark0ne With CD keys, online activation and no reselling or lending people might as well get a PC, the advantages the console had have been removed.