Vortex wrongfully flagged mods as outdated

troll051128

There are no real updates for some of the mods I have repacked, but Vortex still wrongfully says there are updates available. Is there a way to get rid of the "update available" thing in mods? Do I need to reinstall all these mods just to do that?

There are no real updates for some of the mods I have repacked, but Vortex still wrongfully says there are updates available. Is there a way to get rid of the "update available" thing in mods? Do I need to reinstall all these mods just to do that?

That's a Meta Data problem between the Website and Vortex usually caused by modders not using proper methods of versioning their mods.

That's a Meta Data problem between the Website and Vortex usually caused by modders not using proper methods of versioning their mods.

That's really unfortunate. If a user manually enters version 2.0 for a mod, and the mod page says version 2.0. It means the mod is up-to-date and verified by the user. Manually entering records seems to have no priority, and Vortex probably checks the file structure or whatever which flags it as outdated.

That's really unfortunate. If a user manually enters version 2.0 for a mod, and the mod page says version 2.0. It means the mod is up-to-date and verified by the user. Manually entering records seems to have no priority, and Vortex probably checks the file structure or whatever which flags it as outdated.

It grabs the meta data on the Mod Author's Mod Page, and what they entered for the version number.

When you repackaged the mod, did you name it exactly what it was?

"Apothecaria-1036-2-2-1-1587679762.7z" ?

It grabs the meta data on the Mod Author's Mod Page, and what they entered for the version number.

When you repackaged the mod, did you name it exactly what it was?

"Apothecaria-1036-2-2-1-1587679762.7z" ?

No, didn't know Vortex uses metadata from filename.

Guest deleted34304850

well vortex is built to support a whole variety of user-written addons. it means the devs can concentrate on core function, and if someone creates a mod to perform a task, the devs are not side tracked.

its a simple, but brilliant system.