How to enable and disable scripts for performance purposes

sirname95

Hi. I'm currently working on my Fallout New Vegas quest mod, and I'm wondering how to disable and enable scripts, as I've learned that scripts seem to just run no matter if you're in the same worldspace/interior or not.

I've learned that quests scripts are apparently much better for performance because you get the delay script processing feature from it, however I need a fast reacting script because I'm creating a battle in an interior and I need to make all the stuff going happen right when it's suppose to, but I'm worried that by using an activator and giving it an object script in my interior, I'm just adding on to the performance usage in an unnecessary way. If I'm not playing the battle while playing the game, it's just going to use performance for the script when not even being currently used for it's purpose.

Is there a way to enable and disable scripts in Fallout New Vegas? Or is there some other way to avoid scripts overusing the game's performance?

I looked at some sort of box in Bloodborne Cave, and it's this blue box that is referenced as "VERT4BloodborneCodeBox", and its ID is "VERT4BloodborneCodeHolder", which makes me wonder, is this blue box some sort of script holder that only operates when the player is in Bloodborne cave, or is this just wrong?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help please and thank you.

Well, instead of listing some generalities that may or may not apply to you, I would prefer to actually see exactly what you are doing and then see if it can be improved. Post all of your scripts and tell us what you are trying to accomplish, and we can go from there.

I'm currently working on the battle script right now. When I finish it, I'll upload all the scripts I've made for the quest mod here for any feedback and guidance.

For more info on my mod, I'm basically making a quest mod that I'm just going to create more quests with overtime, because I think it's more efficient and sustainable than making a new esp everytime I make a new quest.

Also, I just want more meaningful quests, like quests that have consequences to them, so the player has a reason to keep playing and going all over the map after you make it to Freeside.

Right now, my current quest(s) (relatively moderate to short quests) consists of an owner and his mercenaries that are selling creatures for profit, and one of the creatures is a potential companion, and there are some various ways to approach the situation.

Also, thank you Radioactivelad for the answer, I never even thought about just making a quest ID for the battle script and when something, like a cell unlocks or you shoot the owner or shoot one of the creatures caged, it can just start the quest and lock you in the interior during the battle to force the player to fight and keep the player from breaking the battle situation by leaving the interior. Thank you.

I'll provide more info when I finish the battle script, so that you guys get what I'm trying to actually do.