Dawnguard - Beyond Death Runtime Error Possible fix

blacksupernova

Hi, I was having the problem of after entering Soul Cairn, Skyrim became unstable and crashed occasionally after a certain amount of time and Runtime Error r6025 popped up. As I read threads in the forum, this problem seems to be common, some were able to fix it by updating C++, some do not (like myself).

Here's the thing, I MIGHT have found the culprit, it's possibly the broken function AddShout which is used to update the shouts for Durnehviir when you enter Boneyard. The function according to Creation Kit Wiki (and my own experience) causes the save game to be corrupted and fail to reload (http://www.creationkit.com/AddShout_-_Actor). What confuses me is, if it is the cause, why wouldn't it crash Skyrim immediately when I try to reload the save but only after some time.

Nevertheless, I made a mod that updates Durnehviir stats and shouts by the traditional level list method, eliminating the AddShout function and tested it. So far, my game has not crashed for 2 days while normally, after doing the quest, it would in about 5-10 minutes. Problem (again) is that the crash is so random that I don't know if I was just lucky or if the problem's gone for good.

I will just attach the file here so any one interested might try it out. If you do try it, please say if it works or not. I will be grateful.

Note: The mod will only take effect if you have NOT been to Soul Cairn.

Edit: This fix won't work. I found the real cause but haven't been able to fix. Will update when I found solution.

Edited by blacksupernova

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have been experiencing this crash for about a week now (the crashing varies in frequency, sometimes I'm able to get an hour or two of gameplay in before it crashes, others 5-10 minutes) and I've tried everything to fix it. Provided that your fix works, is there anyway to apply it to a save that has already completed the Dawnguard questline, or is my save doomed?

• 1 month later...

I was having this error earlier today, I seem to have fixed it though I'm not sure if it's fixed, fixed. But what I did was go into the users folder then AppData/Local I opened up the plugins.txt and noticed I didn't have Skyrim.esm there so I added it to it. I got the idea for this solution from a youtube video that showed somebody that had 2 Skyrim.ESM in there plugin in list, if you have two remove one of the Skyrim.esm's and that should hopefully fix it, however I haven't tested the dawn guard quest line with this >_> as I'd gone through it all once and decided to try disabling and re-enabling the esm to see if that would fix it obviously that has reset my entire quest line cause I saved with the esm disabled and then resaved with it re-enabled.