What is UP with this?!

Rvanbergen

So, someone created a TARDIS mod, and since I'm completely unoriginal, I thought: "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to play through Skyrim as the Doctor!"

That is, until I found one big hitch in my plan: Skyrim doesn't have any Suit mods. What's going on with that? I thought that a fancy suit mod was probably one of the most no-brainer mods to have been made, yet the only mention of such a mod I could find was from someone who abandoned his own project long ago, and they even pointed out how there weren't any mods for it before then.

What's up with you, community? I was expecting you to have jumped on this one a looooong time ago! Even forgetting the Doctor for a moment, I'd have thought that everyone understood the insane appeal of kicking dragon ass while wearing a three-piece-suit! So what's going on? Why hasn't anyone made one yet?!

Edited by Rvanbergen

I'd think the Ashara Romantic Outfit would work for you. I think it is just a replacer for the wedding outfit and/or thalmor party outfit but that doesn't mean you can't adapt it to your personal needs.

Thanks. I knew about it already, but thanks still. And it does come with a standalone version.

But that's only one suit mod, and it only comes with a tux. So I'll ask again: Where are all the other Suit mods?!

You can try the butler outfit mod, kinda suit-like. It's what my time lord wears.

Yeah, I saw that too. But that's just a retextured Sheogorath outfit. Still not quite what I'm looking for. And still no answer to the question of why nobody's thought to make some custom ones yet.

Maybe because people don't want to, and it wouldn't be lore friendly?

Well, I guess it depends on what the suit looks like. The type I'm thinking of definitely wouldn't be lore friendly.

Perhaps an example of what you mean?

Edited by billyro

He means a modern 3 piece suit. I sure someone thought of it but decided not to bother, or at least publish it, because like Billyro said it's not lore friendly. Lots of people like keeping within the world of Tamriel so they don't ruin immersion.

Maybe because people don't want to, and it wouldn't be lore friendly?

Well, I guess it depends on what the suit looks like. The type I'm thinking of definitely wouldn't be lore friendly.

Perhaps an example of what you mean?

He means a modern 3 piece suit. I sure someone thought of it but decided not to bother, or at least publish it, because like Billyro said it's not lore friendly. Lots of people like keeping within the world of Tamriel so they don't ruin immersion.

Here's the thread I mentioned in the OP. It has some pictures of what this person was trying to achieve, and it's a good example of what I mean.

And while I understand the desire to stay lore friendly (I'm pretty big on it myself), there is plenty of proof out there to show that lots of modders don't have any trouble with making mods that are way more out-of-context than this would be.

If I was a Time Lord I wouldn't walk around Skyrim wearing a 3-piece suit now would I. If anything I would wear the Butler Uniform to sort of look like a suit but still blend in with the time period I'm in.

Idk, I don't watch Doctor Who, so I don't know if The Doctor even cares to look the period when he time travels.

Edited by Tehandyman

Idk, I don't watch Doctor Who, so I don't know if The Doctor even cares to look the period when he time travels.

Never! He's always sporting his snappy suit and bowtie/converse/glasses/whatever accessory that particular Regeneration prefers. :D