NPCs are blacked out in CK

Well, I know that reshade and ENB mess with the kit. I've renamed those DLLs so they won't attached to the process. I'll try removing them outright.

Yeah something else is the cause of your problem. The kit works fine default.

This is where I have an advantage over most, I can afford many PC's and choose my own poison.

I only have a single PC desktop with all the Jazzed up weird things available , shader packages, Body slide stuff, script extenders, Enhancers , just all of that jazz.

It gets boring fighting software. That rig remains off line , has been offline for months. ya just can't keep up with all the changes and fight the publishers updates that snafue the game in the middle of developments.

Tiring and boring.

What you are saying now is something completely different.

That a 32 bits program cannot run a 64bits executable really has absolutely nothing to do with the installation path .... You need a 64bits program, not just a different install dir.

Reinstalling steam under c:\games makes 0 (zero) sense or difference.

Sorry, Not going to play the word games. It's a known fact the install location (x86) is a troublesome location as Windows protects all files in that location and will deny access to files being edited there.

Good luck with your games.

EDIT: here, read and learn.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/microsoft-does-not-support-changing-the-location-of-the-program-files-folder-by-modifying-the-programfilesdir-registry-value-5bf366f0-8e8f-ba93-9fc7-049064ef56f0

If you change the location of the Program Files folder, you may experience unexpected issues that may affect the stability of Windows. The list of binary files that are protected by Windows File Protection, together with the locations of these files, is coded in Internet Explorer. You cannot modify these locations in Internet Explorer.

And this} https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you-try-to-install-update-or-start-a-program-or-file-46361133-47ed-6967-c13e-e75d3cc29657

So you Either take the advice or Ignore it. Don't Challenge it.

I am here to help people , Not get into frivolous arguments.

I'm fine without the advice, thanks.

I've been working with winDOwS for over 30 years, of which 15 years of Helpdesks, system admin & network admin. So, I think I know a thing or 2 about how it works (or doesn't).

...but you're right, you're here to help, which is commendable, and I'm not here to start an argument or to pick a fight.

So have it your way and carry on.

Well, I know that reshade and ENB mess with the kit. I've renamed those DLLs so they won't attached to the process. I'll try removing them outright.

IF you discover the issue? Please post it in as detailed as possible for others to use the information.

The more we know the better we can fix things unknown.

Kitty Black