Technical Vortex Problems already

spettelt1
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

I am getting this message from Vortex:

The file "C:\Users\thoma\OneDrive\Documents\MyGames\Fallout4\Fallout4Custom.ini.base" is stored on a cloud storage drive which is currently unavailable. Please check your internet connection and verify the service is running.

What does this mean?

I am useless as a tech person and Vortex is not making things simple or easy for me.

I dont know what to do

Edited by spettelt1

Guest deleted34304850

dont store it in a one drive folder, store it on your local system. seriously if that message is too complex for you, you're going to be in for a hard time.

before you have a complete breakdown, go to you tube, search for gophergaming and watch the series of getting started with vortex.

dont store it in a one drive folder, store it on your local system. seriously if that message is too complex for you, you're going to be in for a hard time.

before you have a complete breakdown, go to you tube, search for gophergaming and watch the series of getting started with vortex.

I do not know how to "unstore" in that folder. also, i think his video's are a bit out of date as i have notices that Vortex has updated a bit

Vortex updates all the time, but the basic functions stay the same. The videos have good information.

That file should be in your normal "documents/my games/fallout4" folder. I think the one you are getting the error from is a copy OneDrive makes of your documents as a backup.

Guest deleted34304850

just save it on your computer not on one drive.

there is nothing wrong with the videos i directed you to. follow them closely.

• Solution

OneDrive is a cloud storage system that is integrated into windows.

That means that files in certain folders of your system (e.g. c:\users\<username>\OneDrive\Documents) are uploaded to and synchronized with a server and when Windows feels like it it may delete the local files and only restore it when applications try to access them.

If OneDrive has decided to remove a file from disk and then their servers are unavailable (because come on, it's Microsoft we're talking about), so are your files. Same is true if you're having network problems of any kind: your system, your router, your AV, your ISP, doesn't matter who's fault it is, files you thought you had on your computer are suddenly dependent on a network connection.