Vortex and Collections

saviornt1980
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

So, collections. Great idea, good in theory; not really usable yet, at least for me.

After several re-installs due to my eyes being much larger than my graphics card, I've had a thought. Since most of the collections on here are.. not for me, it would be a great idea to.. oh, wait. Need a subscription to add things into a collection on the website. Let me check Vortex and see if I can "group" the mods I have downloaded into various collections for installation and.. nope.

So the idea is simple, really:

Allow Vortex users to create Collections in the organizer that stores the collection information using XML or JSON, either or; and if they have a subscription to Nexus, they can upload that Collection file to the Nexus which will then go into their profile. The business case for this is that adding a collection into the profile both allows you to share it to others as well as "host" the collection of mods on the website since you can mass download and are not speed capped when you have a subscription (you would need to re-download the mods if you delete archives). Whereas if you don't have a Nexus subscription, you would need to store the downloaded mods locally which uses up HDD space or download them individually at a speed-capped rate.

Just my 2-cents on the subject. Thanks for reading!

PS: Collections sub-forum? :wink:

Edited by saviornt1980

• Solution

Need a subscription to add things into a collection on the website.

We have no intention of preventing free users from using the feature.

Let me check Vortex and see if I can "group" the mods I have downloaded into various collections for installation and.. nope.

Yes, you can do this already, you can show the "Collection" column in the mods view and group by it.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not sure I follow what you mean. You've basically described at a high level how the system already works. Perhaps you haven't seen the documentation yet: https://modding.wiki/en/nexusmods/collections