Vortex and Privacy?

Dmitri5
Go to solution Solved by Dark0ne,

• Solution

We don't and never have sold user data.

When we collect data, it is either for the functioning of the site (i.e. you need an account to upload a mod) or for analytical purposes to help us better understand what our users do with our products and how they use them, so we can make more informed decisions on how we spend our time bettering what we provide.

This excludes advertising data which we have absolutely no control over (short of removing all ads). We do not sell any data to advertisers or third-parties, but advertisements will collect their own data as part of the service. Vortex does not include any external advertisements so this is a moot point for Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

1. Your example about titty mods was pretty degenerated, congrats on that.

you do realise, don't you, that this was a joke? the suggestion that someone concerned by data being sold by a mod manager would somehow embarass them if it got made public?

You are basically saying someone who downloads nude modes might be scared of data collection while people who download normal mods have no reason to be scared, well that's total bull****.

yeah, see above. literally none of my post was intended to be taken literally. however i see that in common with many tinfoil hatters you are actually seriously concerned that your data is being sold to facebook and google. my bad. i shouldn't make a humerous aside to something so literal.

Be it google or facebook or nexusmods none of them has to collect data period.

Now youre going to say google and facebook don't care they collect the data anyway, wrong they only collect what you allow them to collect, so don't user their services and block them whenever possible and create an anonymous identity. These big-tech corporations are criminals and they are only allowed to continue their criminal activites because majority of internet users is stupid enough to allow it.

i'm not going to say any of that because, honestly, its all nonsense.

There are enough alternatives.

2. Vortex is open source? Good, but i do not speak code language, besides it would take a while to read all the sourcecode.

but if your privacy matters to you THAT much, you'd make this your #1 priority wouldn't you?

3. Another hilarious fuzzy comment from the guy with the prideprofile, if you beleve that some "lizard overlords illuminati" are the secret elite you should see a doctor and get some meds.

see #1 - it was a joke. i don't think there are lizard overlords or illuminati.

I created this thread to have a discussion about vortex data collection, not to have a degenerated talk about "lizard overlords illuminati".

and it was a great discussion that i enjoyed.