Supported games not on vortex

Dontcare5590
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Hi all,

I am running windows 10 x64 with vortex version 1.5.13

I was off shore for 5 weeks, when I got home I put my computer through all the updates that pop up. I decided to download mass effect andratuma and once it finished tried to add it to my managed games but it is not on the list as a managed or unmanaged game. When I type 'mass' into the search bar nothing comes up.

My attempts to fix include:

Restart computer, double check updates/drivers are good

uninstall/reinstall vortex

used the search function searching paths all the wat to steam/steamapps/common/game

Vortex seems to act like it only has a total of 200ish games supported, which doesn't include any of the Mass Effect series, subnatuca (and sub BZ) and others. The list goes from 7 Days to Die to Yakuza:Like a Dragon so it doesn't seem to be cut short or anything.

Thansk for any help, sorry if it's been asked before.

Vortex currently supports about 210 games out of the 1741 games for which Nexus Mods provides hosting. Mass Effect is not one of them.

If you are so inclined and have the skills, you can create a Mass Effect extension for Vortex. See here for the extension template: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_a_game_extension_for_Vortex.

The Mass Effect series are in a bit of a weird state. They are supported by ME3Tweaks but unfortunately the community did not adopt Vortex, but ME3Tweaks does support downloading mods in the same way as Vortex. This is why the download buttons are enabled for those games.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

They're in a bit of a weird situation compared to other games. There's a mod manager that supports the "download with manager" buttons but it isn't Vortex. The only way we have right now to turn on these buttons is to mark it as compatible with Vortex.

Perhaps one day the ME3Tweaks guys will help get Vortex working with ME games.

• 2 weeks later...