Vortex upated extensions, save games not showing (Fallout 4)

derbacher
Go to solution Solved by derbacher,

I am using Vortex version 1.5.13 to mod Fallout 4. I am using Windows 11, x64, and I have 32gb of RAM. I have 85 mods in my mod list. No mods have been changed since last launch (or in the past few weeks).

Closed Fallout 4 at 9:06 PM EST last night. All was good.

Launched it this morning through F4SE using Vortex at 7:00. Vortex asked to restart to update some extensions. I am not sure what extensions it updated as they flashed by too quickly.

Now Fallout 4 does not recognize my save games as existing. They are still there in Documents/MyGames/Fallout4/Saves. The only option is to start a new game. Load or Continue are not available. As far as I can tell, nothing else has updated overnight.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am using Vortex version 1.5.13 to mod Fallout 4. I am using Windows 11, x64, and I have 32gb of RAM. I have 85 mods in my mod list. No mods have been changed since last launch (or in the past few weeks).

Closed Fallout 4 at 9:06 PM EST last night. All was good.

Launched it this morning through F4SE using Vortex at 7:00. Vortex asked to restart to update some extensions. I am not sure what extensions it updated as they flashed by too quickly.

Now Fallout 4 does not recognize my save games as existing. They are still there in Documents/MyGames/Fallout4/Saves. The only option is to start a new game. Load or Continue are not available. As far as I can tell, nothing else has updated overnight.

Any help will be appreciated.

The extension update would've fixed a bug with one of the other games in the app. Nothing has changed for Fallout 4 in a long time. If you click "Open save games" on the toolbar, does it take you to the correct folder?

That is the strange part. The folder is still there, and when I click on "open save games" they are all there in the correct folder. Yet nothing shows up in the Fallout menu when the game is launched.

Edit: Started a new game, and the save games for that show up fine. Not sure what the issue is.

@Pickysaurus: I'm beginning to think the same thing. I just don't know how any files would have gotten changed between shutdown and startup. Only reason I asked here was because of the extension restart before launching the game. Oh well, we shall see.

@showler: I thought of that, but it has no effect.

• Solution

Turns out that the .fos (Fallout Save) files had all somehow been moved to the Steam directory in program files. The f4se (script extender) pointer files were still in the normal save directory on my E: drive which is why they showed up when I looked under Vortex save games. No idea how that could have happened as I just shut down the PC and started it up again in the morning. Copied the .fos files into the save directory and all ran fine again. Thanks for the responses; got me thinking on the proper track.