Vortex downloading mods to incorrect drive

MRDotted
Go to solution Solved by showler,

I have Vortex downloaded on my 1TB HDD, and my games onto my 1TB SSD. However, whenever I download a mod using Vortex, instead of the mod either being downloaded directly into the game files, or being downloaded onto Vortex and then injected upon game launch, Vortex for some reason creates a completely new file (which I am not at all warned or informed about) on my 120GB boot drive, that doesn't contain ANYTHING to do with modding and/or games.

So, how do I stop Vortex from doing this? How do I get it do download the mods to the correct location?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have Vortex downloaded on my 1TB HDD, and my games onto my 1TB SSD. However, whenever I download a mod using Vortex, instead of the mod either being downloaded directly into the game files, or being downloaded onto Vortex and then injected upon game launch, Vortex for some reason creates a completely new file (which I am not at all warned or informed about) on my 120GB boot drive, that doesn't contain ANYTHING to do with modding and/or games.

So, how do I stop Vortex from doing this? How do I get it do download the mods to the correct location?

FWIW, there's a "configuration" file associated with nexus/vortex connections that's saved when performing a nexus/vortex transaction. Afaik it contains update info and other vortex associated details about that mod. Also, if I'm not mistaken, when you install a mod, the original archive is stored intact, and its contents are used to populate the roaming folder that skyrim uses for the game, so you have a working copy, and a backup copy, in case the working copy (in roaming) has to be refreshed.

Aside from that. as was noted above, set your download folder in vortex.

EDIT: Doh! sorry for necroing this thread. I didn't notice the date until after I'd posted. Idiota!!!