"Please disable all mods in NMM"

Pusillanimous
Go to solution Solved by AgentSabre,

• 3 weeks later...

Deleting the whole VirtualInstall folder isn't neccessary.

I found that Vortex continued to think I had mods enabled until I went to my VirtualInstall folder and edited the VirtualModConfig.xml file.

In the VirtualModConfig.xml file there was an old mod that must be from a previous installation. I deleted this node from the <modList> so that the file showed like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<virtualModActivator fileVersion="0.3.0.0">
  <modList></modList>
</virtualModActivator>

Vortex then was able to continue successfully with the mod import process.

Edited by cfreak0

Th

I found that Vortex continued to think I had mods enabled until I went to my VirtualInstall folder and edited the VirtualModConfig.xml file.

In the VirtualModConfig.xml file there was an old mod that must be from a previous installation. I deleted this node from the <modList> so that the file showed like this:

<modList></modList>
</virtualModActivator>

Thank you so much, I did what you said and my mods started importing in no time!

• 1 month later...

<modList></modList>
</virtualModActivator>

Hey there, Thank you for posting this tidbit, I was able to edit the file as shown but I'm still receiving the same message when I try to import. I'm leaning to cutting my losses and redownloading mods if this is the final option to fix said issue.

<modList></modList>
</virtualModActivator>

Hey there, Thank you for posting this tidbit, I was able to edit the file as shown but I'm still receiving the same message when I try to import. I'm leaning to cutting my losses and redownloading mods if this is the final option to fix said issue.

Nevermind! ^^; I was able to figure this out myself, I did a once through and found a Mod folder in the load out that I didn't disable completely. Again, thank you for posting.

• Solution

This worked flawlessly, thank you.
(Just remember to Open With > Notepad.)

<modList></modList>
</virtualModActivator>

• 1 month later...

Deleting the VirtualInstall folder fixed it for me, July 2020! Shame it can still happen but likely NMM not Vortex's fault, who knows. Just posting that it worked after deleting that folder.

• 8 months later...