Can't run a game as Administrator

RGM101
Go to solution Solved by RGM101,

So I'm trying to mod Fallout 3, but for whatever reason the game only works when I have it set to run as administrator, but Vortex can't run it when I do. I have both the Script Extender and Fallout3.exe set to run as administrator, this works when I'm launching it from the folder, though I have no mods then, but when launching from Vortex, I get the 'Failed to run tool' error message, and it says it requires elevation, but I don't know how I'm meant to do that, though, because Vortex doesn't work when I set it to run as administrator.

Have you tried setting EVERYTHING to NOT Run As an Administrator?

Most likely the problem is you have something in your chain that's set to Run as Admin, which then forces you to set everything else as Run as Admin

There's no reason to run any game as Admin.

Make sure you're not running, Steam, Fallout 3, FOSE, and Vortex as Admin and try that.

Most likely the problem is you have something in your chain that's set to Run as Admin, which then forces you to set everything else as Run as Admin

Make sure you're not running, Steam, Fallout 3, FOSE, and Vortex as Admin and try that.

That's what I tried first, but Fallout 3 crashes immediately after starting if it isn't running as admin.

That's what I tried first, but Fallout 3 crashes immediately after starting if it isn't running as admin.

Fallout 3 from Gog or Steam?

If it was Steam, did you make sure that Steam wasn't started up as Admin?

• Solution

Fallout 3 from Gog or Steam?

If it was Steam, did you make sure that Steam wasn't started up as Admin?

Well crap, that was it. Steam was set to run as admin for me, forgot why, thanks anyway.