I need help (I think I'm posting in the right place)

Zandalor7
Go to solution Solved by rmm200,

Ok so this is a hard one to explain, and thus I think it belongs here? So to try and explain as simply as possible, I modded fallout new vegas about two years ago with nexus mod manager. I of course got bored and uninstalled new vegas, but I misplaced all my mod files. Fast forward to a couple months ago, I was trying to make space on my computer, so of course I uninstalled nexus mod manager as well as I found the mod files I misplaced and deleted all of those. Fast forward to now, I gained interest in playing fallout again, installed it, also wanted to mod it so I installed vortex and proceeded with adding new mods; somehow though, all the plug-ins for my old mods still existed in my fallout data. (I assume that has to do with me not properly uninstalling them) Not too much of an issue though, all that did was allow me to still use those mods if I wanted to, at least that's what I thought. I had an old mod installed that I no longer want because it causes me to get 1-3 shot by ANY bullet in the game no matter what armour I'm wearing (I think I still know which mod it is too). I tried directly deleting the masterfile for that mod in the actual fallout folder but apparently that doesn't work because even if I try starting a new game, the mod is still active. (I know this because there's a different mod that is also still effecting my game that turns orange tint to blue, I did the same method to try and remove that mod but the tint i still blue in a lot of places) What's worse about this is that even other mods that modify damage are overwritten by this other mod and I can't fix it. Please please help.

• Solution

You have to clean up your game directory.

First hit Purge in Vortex. That takes Vortex out of the picture.

Now delete everything in the Game directory you are not sure is part of the game or DLC. Everything.

Now tell Steam to validate your game files. It will restore anything you deleted by accident. Now the mod-free game should run. Test it.

Finally, open Vortex and hit Deploy. All the Vortex installed mods will be active. Test it.