Skyrim SE: Armor Replacer Persists in New Vortex Profile

jarakoul
Go to solution Solved by jarakoul,

I'm running Vortex 1.3.21 for Skyrim SE on a Windows 10.0.19041 x64 machine with 12GB ram. I'm using Vortex profiles, with separate Save Games but not separate Game Settings.

Profile A has 155 mods Enabled and is running fine. One of those mods is an armor replacer that I got from an outside website (foolishly, because I later found the same thing on Nexus, potentially without the problem I have) It was manually downloaded and drag and drop installed through Vortex.

But I wanted a new profile, so I made Profile B, which currently has 30 mods Enabled. The armor replacer is NOT Enabled, I don't want it running in this profile. Yet when I run Skyrim, the armor is replaced anyway. Initially the mod was marked Disabled, but I tried explicitly Uninstalling the mod, no change, the armor is still replaced.

How do I go about finding and removing whatever rogue files are causing the armor to be replaced in Profile B? I'd prefer to do this without breaking Profile A, but if I have to break Profile A, I'll accept that as the price to pay for installing an unchecked mod.

Thank you very much for your help.

---

Solved: In the new profile I had not yet Enabled nor run Bodyslide. Old bodyslide files must have been kicking around causing the old armor styles to appear. When I Enabled and reran Bodyslide, the problem disappeared.

Edited by jarakoul

Guest deleted34304850

if you've done all that through vortex, and the replacer remains then the only logical thing is that you have loose files in your folder that vortex doesn't know about. Vortex, nor any mod manager will delete files it doesn't know about, so you will have to go into your folder, find all the files and remove them manually.