FNIS in Vortex

levethian
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Hello there! I have every confidence that the mod & Vortex work fine and I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help offered. Skyrim debugging is a shade more frustrating when faffing with a headset.

Boils down to this: The only message I cannot dispel is 'Generator not run from a legal...'.

Am I required to move the Steam SkyrimVR installation out of Program Files (x86), or is there a simpler fix?

I downloaded FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 (the SE 64-bit version), for intended use with SkyrimVR (As I understand it, a VR-ized earlier version of SkyrimSE).

Target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start In: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Running FNIS gives text which I will paste down below.

SKSE etc is installed & appears to be working fine.

I am running a legitimate Steam-purchased version.

I have started SkyrimVR once through Steam. Several times.

The FNIS.ini redirect was implemented as a guess, because it wasn't working, but it still isn't. No error-messages seem to appear in-game.

FNIS TEXT:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.6 12/01/2021 11:25:05
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? -
Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones) male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
FNIS.ini InstantExecute=1
FNIS.ini RedirectFiles=C:\Users\Levethian\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimvr\mods\FNIS Data (Default)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"
Patch: "File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)"
Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V7.2 ...
All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 29 total groups: 61 added file slots: 1033 alternate files: 579
Creature Pack not installed
579 animations for 2 mods successfully included (character).
1 Warning(s).
Generated files redirected to C:\Users\Levethian\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimvr\mods\FNIS Data (Default)

• Solution

Did you try the solution mentioned in the comment section?
Apparently the path in the Registry is Skyrim VR, but FNIS is expecting SKyrimVR or vice-versa

So for testing with 7.4.4 XXL VR i changed
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim VR]
to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\SkyrimVR]

and got:
FNIS Behavior V7.4.4 XXL 07.05.2018 18:40:18
Skyrim VR 64bit: 1.3.64.0 - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\ (Steam)

So yeah its the missing blank

This involves a registry edit, so I suggest you make a backup of your registry if anything goes wrong.
If you don't know how to do this, then just live with the Warning, it doesn't affect the function of FNIS as mentioned on the Description page.

The FNIS check is failing because it thinks you have a pirate copy of Skyrim (probably due to the "SkyrimVR" folder name).

I'm not sure if FNIS is compatible with VR, but this isn't really a question for Vortex as it's more to do with Skyrim VR or FNIS.

Thanks for the suggestion -- We'll see!

Did you try the solution mentioned in the comment section?

Apparently the path in the Registry is Skyrim VR, but FNIS is expecting SKyrimVR or vice-versa

So for testing with 7.4.4 XXL VR i changed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim VR]

to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\SkyrimVR]

and got:

FNIS Behavior V7.4.4 XXL 07.05.2018 18:40:18

Skyrim VR 64bit: 1.3.64.0 - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\ (Steam)

So yeah its the missing blank

This involves a registry edit, so I suggest you make a backup of your registry if anything goes wrong.

If you don't know how to do this, then just live with the Warning, it doesn't affect the function of FNIS as mentioned on the Description page.

Oh - thanks. No, I hadn't done that. I've amended the path using regedit, but the message still appears. Given that the warning doesn't effect functionality, I'm happy to let it keep warning me.

I'm now seeing people cross their arms & things, which I think is 'Pretty Idles' doing.

I think I thought this wasn't working was because I was checking against the Magistrate Levitation animation / PCEA2, but I think the way that the levitation animation interacts with VRIK means it was perhaps overridden, or something.

Thanks for your quick response! I hope you get to sleep before stupid-o-clock.