Heavy Traffic ×

Help Me! My Vortex is crashing

yoshiki61
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

Vortex Version 1.3.22

Windows 10 64 bit

Skyrin SE (many mods 322)

I have played SSE with Vortex every day, but Vortex suddenly crashed from yesterday.

Vortex keeps thinking, with the logo still displayed.

Skyrim can be started normally, but it is a problem because MOD cannot be updated.

I tried thatï¼↓ï¼, but the symptoms did not change.

• reboot my windows10
  • re-install my vortex

I attach my vortex logs(in AppData/Roaming/Vortex).

This is my first post, so please let me know if you need any additional information.

Could you please zip up the directory AppData\Roaming\Vortex\State.v2 and send it to me privately (through a dropbox link per pm or something like that)? The file may contain personal information you may not want public.

Thank you for your quick response.

I send pm.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I have the same problem, can I send you mine by e-mail as well or by PM. After adding games and mods and closing Vortex. I open the program and try to activate that games this causes the spinning wheel of four arrows that never end.

I tried editing the main Java file but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can you help?

I have the same problem, can I send you mine by e-mail as well or by PM. After adding games and mods and closing Vortex. I open the program and try to activate that games this causes the spinning wheel of four arrows that never end. I tried editing the main Java file but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can you help?

Your problem does not sound the same. The OP says their Vortex is crashing after the splash screen. In your case you say it's getting stuck at the spinner (once the app has started).

If you have a lot of mod conflict rules, it may take a while for the spinner to resolve. I have 606 rules and it can sometimes take ~5 mins to process them all.

Could you please zip up the directory AppData\Roaming\Vortex\State.v2 and send it to me privately (through a dropbox link per pm or something like that)? The file may contain personal information you may not want public.

When I restarted my computer, Vortex was running after 59 crashes.

But I restarted the program, it crashed again.

Vortex want to send bug report, but I can't send because logs are too heavy.

I send you "Vortex Crashes/temp/Vortex" and "dumps/temp/vortex" by pm.

They are that vortex wants sending you.

My vortex keeps crashing.

I hope these files will help you solve it.

Edited by yoshiki61

• Solution

Thank you for the state file.

To give you a bit of context for what is happening: That state directory contains a database with all the information Vortex stores, both your settings and all the information of what mods you have, their descriptions, internal ids so we can find mod updates and so on.

When Vortex starts it loads that database and has to do some transformation on the data before it can use it - that is where it's crashing.

The problem is: The crash happens entirely in foreign code, a third-party library which we just use, we don't really know what it does under the hood that leads to this crash.

Also I can't reproduce the crash, even on your database, so it's not fundamentally a problem with your data.

One thing you could try (for the purpose of narrowing down the error, I'm not suggesting this as a fix): Could you restart your windows, then start Vortex first thing and see if it then doesn't crash? As in: does having windows run for a while increase the chance/frequency of crashes?

Something else you can try right now: Please go to vortex settings->vortex and change "Update" to "Beta". This will update your Vortex to the current beta release which seems to be fairly stable at this point.

This Vortex update also ships which a newer version of the library that is crashing so maybe that fixes it.

If not you will have to wait for the next beta release (1.4.3) which will no longer use a different library for that operation entirely. I can't promise you that that will definitively fix the crash but if it still crashes, maybe the crash dumps will then reveal some new information on what's going on.

Thanks for the response.

I have a good news.

My vortex stopped crashing.

I changed vortex setting "Update" to "Beta", and I restart vortex.

Vortex is updated 1.4.2 Beta.

I started the program, it started normally. Again, started normally once again... Vortex can start normally.

I reboot my windows, but vortex doesn't crash.

I think my Vortex is to escape danger.

Tannin42, danke schon for teaching me about the version upgrade, and Sorry my poor English.

Edited by yoshiki61