Wrye Bash problem - can't edit plugin master file

mmd6449
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Hello,

I recently decided to install Legacy of The Dragonborn on a new Vortex profile but have run into a problem getting it to work together with Vigilant. Apparently, the DBM_VigilantPatch that is included with the Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Collection uses "Vigilant.esp" as a master file, but the master included in the Vigilant download is called "Vigilant.esm."

I found a video that explains how to use Wrye Bash to change the master file that the Vigilant patch uses but, for some reason, I can't get it to work. When I click on DBM_VigilantPatch.esp in Wrye Bash and then right-click on Vigilant.esp in the Masters panel, there's supposed to be an "Allow edit" option that appears in a dropdown menu. However, when I right-click on Vigilant.esp to swap it out for Vigilant.esm, the only options that appear in the dropdown menu are "Change to..." and "Jump to Master," both of which are greyed out.

This is my first time using Wrye Bash and I've purposely avoided using it up to this point because I don't totally understand what it's for or how it works. However, I'm fairly certain that I've installed it correctly through Vortex and have even uncommented the "AllowMasterFilesEdit" field in the bash.ini file. Still, nothing works.

I've looked through the comments on the LoTD mod page and, as it turns out, others have had this problem as well. However, the only solution that is offered there is a link to an article that no longer exists. I would have posted my question there instead of here but comments over there are now locked. In any case, if someone could help me out, I would hugely appreciate it. Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I'm using Legendary Edition.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Matt

• Solution

I suggest you go to the "Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches (Official)" Mod Page, and go to the Comment Section and click on FORUM THREAD, and put VIGILANT in the Search Box.

You will end up with a ton of results that say you only need the ESM, and to make sure you've updated the Patch and Vigilant.

Also, you need to click in the HEADER in the MASTER section of WryeBash to turn on ALLOW EDIT

Also, you need to click in the HEADER in the MASTER section of WryeBash to turn on ALLOW EDIT

Thank you so much! That totally worked! I had a feeling it would turn out to be something ridiculously simple that I was overlooking. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Thank you so much! That totally worked! I had a feeling it would turn out to be something ridiculously simple that I was overlooking. Again, I really appreciate the help.

According to the Person that makes the Patches, the newest patch is supposed to look for the ESM, and you don't need the ESP though

W

According to the Person that makes the Patches, the newest patch is supposed to look for the ESM, and you don't need the ESP though

Weird. I don't know what the story is with that. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the latest version of the LoTD Patch Collection but it didn't recognize Vigilant.esm. However, things seem to be working fine now that I've reassigned the master file through Wrye Bash. Is there anything else I need to do to avoid stability issues in the future or can I just play on as normal?

W

Weird. I don't know what the story is with that. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the latest version of the LoTD Patch Collection but it didn't recognize Vigilant.esm. However, things seem to be working fine now that I've reassigned the master file through Wrye Bash. Is there anything else I need to do to avoid stability issues in the future or can I just play on as normal?

Not sure.

According to SirJesto the patch should be working fine and finding Vigilant.esm