Mod disappeared after download and drag

KezhKia
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

I downloaded https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2347/?tab=description which took a long time because of my internet and it disappeared.

I downloaded it through Vortex but after downloading it i went into the download folder and dragged the files manually into the mod tab, a message showed off asking if i wanted to replace the mod already existing, i clicked yes without thinking tho now none of the three parts of the mod appear anywhere, i wonder if it didn't replace the mod with itself.. even if that's the case why would it get deleted ?

It took a whole lot of time for me to download the mod plz help me :(

Guest deleted34304850

go to vortex/downloads tab - you will see your mod downloads folder - like this d:\games\skyrimse\downloads

open windows explorer - navigate to that directory - you should see the download there.

let me know how you get on?

• Solution

If the mod was in Vortex's Download Folder, there was no need to drag it from the Download Folder to Vortex, that's why Vortex was asking you if you wanted to replace the mod that already existed, because you were dragging the mod to the folder it was already in.

Dragging a mod to Vortex is only necessary if you MANUALLY download the mod and put it in a different folder other than the DOWNLOAD folder

Since you dragged the mod, from the Download Folder, into the Download Folder, on top of itself, Vortex went and overwrote the mod with itself, and ended up deleting it, because you told Vortex to overwrite the file with itself.

If you download with Vortex, the Mod goes to the Download folder, there is no need to Drag the File to Vortex.
I'm curious as to where you got that information from, because it's not the correct way to do things in Vortex.