16 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790,039 posts
Soul Trap Rune

Adds a single new spell to Skyrim: Soul Trap Rune. This spell works just like any basic destruction rune, but with the exception that it does not do damage and is not considered a \"hostile\" spell if a neutral NPC triggers it. It is mainly geared toward \"clever\" encounters and non-mages, so its mana cost is low while lowering the effect duration

Error A7

Error A7

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I like it. However, how about an option for a normal cost version for those who do not wish to upset the balance of their game. Perhaps a low level, low range spell can be the novice version, and add in higher level versions with larger ranges/duration or even charges.

JobVanDam

JobVanDam

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
Wow man, this is an amazing idea. Good job.

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
This is a pretty cool concept, but it would be nice to see a video of this spell in action.

Axeface

Axeface

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
Fantastic idea.
I personally think it should be harder/more expensive to cast than normal soul trap. Say you trap 10 enemies in those 30 seconds... thats a lot of magicka saved. But I appreciate your idea for non-mages. Perhaps 2 versions?

Perhaps have a low level version, that gets improved by runemaster? Novices can cast the crappy one, masters can cast a much improved one.

Tracking.

Edited by Axeface, 26 June 2013 - 06:27 AM.

colonel4

colonel4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Now thats what i call stealth soul trap, brilliant Idea. if only you could make a version that it is a lesser power spell that uses the key "Z" like shouting and other spells that can be casted as much as you want without the "Day limitation", it would be awesome because if you using a ranged weapon and you want to cast a ranged spell and still remain undetected you have to switch to spell and after you casted you need to bring up you ranged weapon, it a bit frustrating to change weapons all the time... other then that its a MASTERPIECE mod that is essential. when i can i will download this.

mikeshadow7979

mikeshadow7979

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 80 posts
Thank you for making this, i will endorse asap.

Nekoyoubi

Nekoyoubi

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
In response to post #8332656.

Awesome; I'm glad you like it. And game balance is very important to me, and I have been looking into ways to better balance it for casters. I will be updating soon enough and hopefully, we can get that nailed down.

Nekoyoubi

Nekoyoubi

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
In response to post #8334606.

Awesome! You're welcome, and thank you! ;)

Nekoyoubi

Nekoyoubi

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
In response to post #8332772.

I'll try to post link to a timestamp on my twitch stream if that will help, but I didn't think something as simple as this really warranted it's own video. Thanks much for the feedback though.

Page loaded in: 0.818 seconds