• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,595 posts
c8G1l3RN7HI
The author of the Race Menu mod has been busy updating one mod, releasing another and finding ways to make new and exciting mods a real possibility. Find out how in this video.

Thumbnail image for this video is 'The Second Wind' courtesy of TheRequiem.

Download links for reviewed mods:
RaceMenu
CharGen Extension
NetImmerse Override

Earrindo

Earrindo

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 580 posts
you can view the back of your character in the racemenu by using tfc before typing showracemenu in the console and swiveling to the back of your character. I did it earlier today and it worked great.

fruitloopspinner

fruitloopspinner

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
In response to post #8350740.

Good job on the Video as always. If we're talking about glowing tattoos has anyone though of a paralyzing spell that shows up on the target like a glowing tattoo? Maybe like a seal spell? oh, or a banishing spell. Wow you opened up the flood gates now.

Epiclmfao

Epiclmfao

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Anyone else just watch these videos for his voice? or is it just me? xD

But i didnt know this had been updated or that those other mods existed, i will check them out later :P

BrabbelKP

BrabbelKP

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
Good video as always. I think it's important to remind us of that kind of updates, especially for the posibilities these open for other modders.
I'd love to see body-tattoos (or body warpaint) to be distribued among the generic NPCs. This would be especially cool if someone made some designs to fit the vanilla face warpaints (I think I've seen some texture-replacers going in this direction).

bubinga64

bubinga64

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
The animated glowing runes from Dragonborn would be cool for a Mage. I'm positive I could get glowing runes to work, not sure about the animation though. The animation is just a speculative idea that came to mind when I thought of glowing runes.

Nice update though. That's crazy good ground work implementing it!

Arclight030

Arclight030

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
it looks pretty good....and like you say...its open new posibilities to new mods...it would be interesting see how like for example....stormcloaks soldiers have bears "kind off" tattoes...or imperial soldiers....or tattoes thats gives you upgrades to spells for example restorations powers....i dont know if you get what i mean....anyway thnx for the video and sorry for my english :P

Gudiomen

Gudiomen

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 110 posts
Possibilities are endless... you could manipulate textures to make injuries and diseases more immersive, or shields and armor look more damaged and battered. Can you make textures transparent? If so, then there's the possibility for more practical modding of clothing that tears, gets ripped, etc...

Also, as I'm not a modder myself except for some very simple changes, I don't know how useful this is, but, from the sound of it, it would be possible to use different textures for the same object. This would reduce the need for more objects to represent, each, a different type of the same gear (same mesh).

You could also overlay different skins on the same body... could this be done in the character menu itself? If so, this means you could have a body texture slider. Or do the colors have to be simple monochrome stamps?

BrabbelKP

BrabbelKP

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
Not sure if you can change the complete texture with this method, but I think different textures for items is a feature planned for AV (Automatic Variants), SkyProc opens a lot of possibilities too.

Speaking of SkyProc, has anyone thought of creating a SkyProc mod to unify all the mods that add warpaints, eyes and hair to the character-creation? That would be kind of cool to reduce load order, ensure compatibility with stuff like custom races and prevent having the same new things multiple times.

seanxx

seanxx

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
Is Bilbo's short sword STING possibly possible now ? That would be beyond cool

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.068 seconds