Photo

Skyrim ENB Mods 4 - RealVision ENB (Performance)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,595 posts
gvXfT-sBylM
In this video I was looking for a more performance friendly ENB mod and after trying quite a few I finally settled on RealVision ENB (performance version).

Installation video that covers this mod can be found here.

For an overview of the aims of this series see this video.

Download link for mod:
RealVision ENB

Edited by Gopher, 14 July 2013 - 10:59 AM.

crimsongekko

crimsongekko

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
In response to post #8455258.

you've got the wrong ENB in the download link, you've linked Reallike instead of Realvision. I love Reallike, looks awesome and FPS hit is negligible ;)

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,595 posts
In response to post #8455258. #8455278 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks for the heads up :)

ZeroSbr1

ZeroSbr1

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
No offense, but I can already get an ENB-like experience what with all the lighting mods I already have, and that all gives only 1-2 fps loss. The only thing I don't have are godrays, and I can live without those.

PG1

PG1

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
In response to post #8455312.

I've always preferred SweetFX to ENB and it's really come into its own recently with new shader effects. I don't think it has stuff like godrays yet but unless they're done natively I can't stand them anyway.
Edit: I did find this though, it's just the god rays from ENB, everything else is disabled so the performance shouldn't take a hit.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20470/

Edited by PG1, 14 July 2013 - 11:14 AM.

crimsongekko

crimsongekko

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
In response to post #8455258. #8455278, #8455298 are all replies on the same post.

you're welcome, keep up the great work and please do consider reviewing Reallike as well :)

amazingmrdonut

amazingmrdonut

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
In response to post #8455312. #8455353 is also a reply to the same post.

I'm the same way. I use FXAAPPI, ELFX and Dynavision with forced HQ AO through Nvidia Inspector. Game looks great in my opinion and in what I've tested with ENBs I just like my methods better cause they come with a lower frame hit.

homeworlder1

homeworlder1

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
In response to post #8455312. #8455353, #8455510 are all replies on the same post.

Well, not everyone has that kind of hardware. I used to be able to run the highest settings, all the best mods with ENB, until all the extra stuff came with SSAO, Sunrays, Ingame menu and all that. Therefore i am grateful for ENB's like these, and i bet a lot of other people, whose computers are mid-range are too.

Vaeron

Vaeron

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
In response to post #8455312. #8455353, #8455510, #8456102 are all replies on the same post.

SweetFC is nice, but ENBs are way better quality.
And no, you will never get an ENB-like quality with SweetFX, thats impossible.
Im trying a lot sweetfx settings and Enbs lately and the only thing i hate about enbs is the performance hit, but quality wise the are ages better than any sweetfx setting i had so far.
Enbs change the image depending on the daytime/weather/interior/exterior.
So you can have dark nights and very brigth days, or dark light when the weather is bad (snowstorm, fog, rain) with sweetfx, you can mimic that to a certain point, but it looks very artificial and not good at all, compared to newer versions of ENB.

Additionally: The SSAO is WAY better with enb than forced via driver (ATI has problems anyway) and the DoF can be stunning if you like the effect. Im using Dynavision myself, but only to stay at 60 fps, otherwise the standard Bokeh Dynamic DoF would be my favorite, since it looks amazing, even while playing.

If you have the power to run at least a performance enb, you should do it.
For all the people with low/mid range rigs, sweet fx is the way to go.

Edited by Vaeron, 14 July 2013 - 02:18 PM.

ewi65

ewi65

Dragonborn

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,446 posts
one of the greatest and best ENB's on nexus. really great work.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.050 seconds