Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017,817 posts
Crime has witnesses

Crime has witnesses.

The player can remove Bounties for crimes by either:
1. killing the witnesses or
2. coercing (Disposition 100) the witnesses to not report the crime.

Check the INI file to configure the various aspects of this mod.

xpo777

xpo777

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hey! This is pretty cool, i prefer this mod than "No psychic guards". Thanks dude!

kuertee

kuertee

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
hey xpo777! you may wish to leave No psychic guards on. or you'll continually get harassed by them. and your Bounty will continually spread to others that come to the aid of the guards you kill. unless, of course, that's how you wish your game to be - hardcore. ;)

i've updated this mod:
0.51, 3 March 2009:
Adhoc crime (crime that modifies the player's Bounty directly, rather than crime that the player commits) now get detected properly.
Example mods that modify Bounty directly are those that set regional crime values.
(I forgot to turn a flag on after testing. Sorry, guys.)

Edited by kuertee, 02 March 2009 - 10:10 PM.

mojodajojo

mojodajojo

How do I change my Member Title?

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
I've not been playing Oblivion much lately, but this has peaked my interest. I'm gonna fire up a fresh game just to try it out :)

kuertee

kuertee

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
hey corellon!
thanks for the rating.
and there are message options in the INI file:
;if 2, the names of the witnesses will be displayed in MessageBoxes.
;if 1, only a Message notification will be displayed of witnesses.
;if 0, no messages will be displayed of witnesses.
;default is 1.
set kCWWQuest.showWitnesses to 2

MessageBox are the boxes that you have to click on to remove.
Message notifications are those that appear on the top-left corner of the screen.

i hope this option is what you're looking for.

cheers!

lord_corellon

lord_corellon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
Haha, thanks mate. Actually I just found it myself and came back to say good work! it is perfect now :D

kuertee

kuertee

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
hey jcp! thanks for the suggestions and the rating! they are very appreciated.

my replies:
1. was your bounty high already when you enter bruma's quarters? the experience may be a result of normal oblivion. my mod doesn't initiate combat between actors. all it does is keep track of increases to bounty and distribute them to actors around the player. but i'll check this out anyway.

2. good point. i'll remove the bounty on knocked out witnesses. the assumption here would be that you were able to coerced the witness to not report your crime - similar to getting their disposition to 100 either by a "persuasion" minigame or with my NPCs yield mod.

3. do you know which types of crime this bug occurs on?

4. i'll look into why all the player's bounty are applied to the two guards. i have a feeling that is a "script" incompatibility. One of the gang may be removing all the bounty when you initiate the forgery. then it may be adding the bounty back when you fail. this will be interptreted as new bounty that the 2 guards will keep track of. i'll check it out.

anyway, thanks, again, for the feedback.
my return to this mod is long overdue.

cheers, JCP!

JCP768

JCP768

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 657 posts
1: I'm pretty sure my bounty was 0... This almost always happens in Count/countess' chambers, especially in Bruma and Leyawiin. Unless the countess and everyone else there absolutely loves me they'll attack me on sight, and sometimes I can never even get a chance to talk to the countess because she enters combat yet again as soon as she accepts my yield. The problem is that the guard loved me but everyone else there hated me. So every time he cleared my bounty the rest of them would still be hostile towards me, and blame me for an assault (despite never hitting any of them). So they'd keep witnessing the same crime over and over again, and the guard would keep clearing the bounty every time he came to arrest me. Eventually the guard's disposition went down to the point where he was no longer my friend, and then I ran away.
Perhaps a guard clearing the player's bounty could administer a "calm down" effect to witnesses, or raise their disposition to the player a little bit. Stuff like this makes it very annoying to try to talk to Counts/countesses about urgent details during the night.

3: I'm not sure, I think it was mostly assaults... maybe when I was playing around with UV, I think... Might have been a situation like above though.

4:Update on this one, I was just trying forgery, and it seems if I get the "monopoly"(do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, etc.) message and then kill the two guards while not wearing Legion armor it works fine, but if I get caught while fully disguised it removes my bounty when I kill the two. What was weird was when I killed them while naked it still told me that "a witness to your crime has died" and they had an exuberant amount on each of them (8546 bounty connected to each of them), but after they died I still had a 5000 bounty remaining.

Edited by JCP768, 19 June 2009 - 09:23 AM.

kuertee

kuertee

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
hey jcp!
point 1 seems to either be a conflict (unlikely) with another mod or caused by another mod completely. reason:
(a) i don't trigger aggression on any npcs - i just add a token to them with a value equal to their "witness" share of the player's "change to bounty" when they were around.
(b) nor do i ever add bounty to the player. i only remove bounty when an npc with that token in (a) is killed by the player. (or when their disposition is 100 to the player.)

point 4 is definitely a conflict with One of the gang. i'll install his mod and see if i can add some checks to make mine work with it.

The Real Neraverine

The Real Neraverine

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Mail me if I can be of any help.

Page loaded in: 1.088 seconds