• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,595 posts
N9WLTY9R_5Y
The latest version of the ENB mod comes with new memory management code that may help with performance and stability, but what about people who dont use the ENB mod? Well a new mod called ENBoost allows you to use the new features of this mod without the graphical changes, and in this video I take alook at it and see what benefits I can get from it.

Download Link
CTD and Memory patch ENBoost

thenobody0

thenobody0

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
I thought all you needed was the d3d9.dll file and the enblocal.ini, not all the other files from the wrapper folder (if not using an ENB).

Edited by thenobody0, 05 August 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,595 posts
In response to post #8685231.

I did not try so perhaps that would actually work. However that is not how the mod author suggests installing and in this case I decided to err on the side of caution and follow his instructions to the letter.

Edited by Gopher, 05 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

TheCollector26

TheCollector26

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have to say I am really suprised by the results of this mod. I first downloaded this mod a few days after it came out, but instead of better performance I got quite noticable frame rate drop. Also, not sure if it was just my imagination or something, but I felt the textures were even worse, as if it were back to vanilla textures considering I use Skryim HD - 2K textures. So I uninstalled it thinking I did something wrong or perhaps the mod just wasn't for me. But after watching Gohper's video on this mod and how to install it as well as what tweaks he used, I basically did the exact same thing and followed his amazingly detailed instructions, and to my suprise, the game ran beautifully! Basically as if I wasn't running the mod, but now I don't have to worry about my game reaching 3.1GB of RAM (which I should note was causing high amounts of frustration for me this past month.) I am now able to re-install some texture packs I had previously at one point and am now able to enjoy my game experience without having to worry (as much) about my game crashing. Thank you Gopher for providing this video covering this mod and how to properly run it, it has really helped me out. Thank you so much! Also, I want to thank the mod author Boris for this amazing mod, its pure magic. :)

holybatman4321

holybatman4321

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
In response to post #8685231. #8685435 is also a reply to the same post.

yep, all u need is the d3d9.dll and the enblocal.ini. Those are the main files behind the reduce memory and ENBoost.

Edited by holybatman4321, 05 August 2013 - 07:10 PM.

holybatman4321

holybatman4321

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Boris is a genius, with reduce memory usage by loading stuffs towards VRAM. With my GTX Titan man i have 4.5gb of VRAM worth of stuffs and my ram sitting around 1.2.-1.4gb.

konstrukter

konstrukter

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 150 posts
First sign it works.
Bannered Mare: 0,7 GB ram
Top of the Worlds Throat: 3,5 GB ram

Groovtama

Groovtama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,655 posts
Love your videos Gopher, I don't have problem with 4 and 8k Textures since the ENBoost release, great stuff from Boris.

Also was the K ENB Extensive tab in you browser a spoiler for your next video can't wait for that ENB to be featured^^

antonyfrn

antonyfrn

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I just managed to get this working and my memory usage is down to under 700meg whats a massive improvement for my self.

Morashtak

Morashtak

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 77 posts
Being able to use RCRN was a bonus while bringing the amount of memory being used down tremendously. HiAlgo works as well helping to keep my frame rate respectable in large crowd fights. Considering that I have 253 ESPs of mods and patches (and patches for my patches) this was made my load list scary stable.

Thanks.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.966 seconds