Mass Effect Mod of the Year 2021 - Winners

Audemus

Happy New Year!

Now that the hangovers have subsided, and the votes have been tallied, it's time to announce the winners of the Mass Effect Mod of the Year awards! The competition was truly fierce - so fierce in fact that we ended up with near ties between two mods in 5 separate categories. All of them came down to less than 5% difference in vote share, so in the spirit of celebrating this wide array of talent, we've decided to award both mods the award!

Now without further ado, here are your Mod of the Year 2021 winners!

Best Graphics Mod:

A Lot of Textures (ALOT)?

vK68ehQ.png

Created by: CreeperLava

Best Quality of Life Mod: Expanded Galaxy Mod (LE)?

WzNo5yr.png

Created by: Kinkojiro

Best Story Mod (WINNER #1): Expanded Galaxy Mod (LE)?

WzNo5yr.png

Best Story Mod (WINNER #2): Take Earth Back (LE)?

ktod7kc.png

Created by: Tydeous & TEB Team

Best Texture Mod: A Lot of Textures (LE) - Improved Static Lighting?

vK68ehQ.png

Created by: CreeperLava

Best Customization Mod (WINNER #1): Alternate Ellise Default FemShep Retexture?

jKPP9hd.png

Created by: Audemus (Original Texture by Ellise)

Best Customization Mod (WINNER #2): Customizable Default FemShep Headmorph?

iwL9JYM.png

Created by: Jenya66 & NoiraFayn

Best Apparel Mod: Expanded Shepard Armory (LE2)?

zG7gItb.png

Created by: Khaar Machinima & ThaliaGraces

Best NPC Mod: Saren Stages (LE1)?

UttwdRD.png

Created by: Catachrism

Best Gameplay Mod (WINNER #1): Bonus Bonus Powers?

LGWt8GE.png

Created by: DropTheSquid

Best Gameplay Mod (WINNER #2): Cerberus Retrofits?

mQdWhUQ.png

Created by: Tydeous

"I Never Knew I Needed This": Immersive Emails?

rIEFubk.png

Created by: delawana

Most Anticipated Mod (WINNER #1): Project Variety (LE3)?

tFSzsJn.png

Upcoming Mod by: Scottina123

Most Anticipated Mod (WINNER #2): Audemus' Happy Ending Mod?

CpHl1Qi.png

Created by: Audemus & Scottina123

Community Choice Award: Pinnacle Station DLC?

MIn7ZD4.png

Created by: ME3Tweaks

Modder of the Year: Mgamerz?

CxpfYk0.png

Rookie of the Year: Zeb?

kpRucIy.png

Best Mass Effect 1 Mod: Pinnacle Station DLC?

MIn7ZD4.png

Created by: ME3Tweaks

Best Mass Effect 2 Mod: Expanded Shepard Armory (LE2)?

zG7gItb.png

Created by: Khaar Machinima & ThaliaGraces

Best Mass Effect 3 Mod: Expanded Galaxy Mod (LE)?

WzNo5yr.png

Best Mass Effect Andromeda Mod (WINNER #1): Project Pretty?

TGZPRH1.png

Created by: mulderitsme

Best Mass Effect Andromeda Mod (WINNER #2): Less Interaction Time and Less Omni Tool Interaction?

OPQGTJU.png

Created by: Padme4000

Mod of the Year 2021: Expanded Galaxy Mod (LE)?

WzNo5yr.png

And that's a wrap! Thank you to everyone who voted, and let's all give a round of applause to the winners! 2021 was an incredible year for our community, and I get the feeling we're just getting started.

-Audemus

ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

Happy Holidays folks!

As the year draws to a close, I'd like to reflect on the crazy journey our community has been on this year. Never in the history of Mass Effect modding has there been a more eventful year. The release of Legendary Edition of course was a huge catalyst for the incredible modding we've seen in 2021, but it's thanks to our community-built and maintained toolkit and modding ecosystem that we were able to hit the ground running with a fresh start where modding the Mass Effect games is more accessible than ever before.

So, to celebrate the talented modders bringing you your favourite mods for Mass Effect, we're hosting a Mod of the Year awards! Across 18 categories we polled our dedicated modders and users across the Mass Effect Modding Discord for their nominations from over 800 Mass Effect mod releases in 2021. I've crunched the numbers, and we're now ready to reveal the nominees.

If you'd like to show your support for your favourite mods of 2021, you can find the link to our entry form down below.

Voting will end on 1 January 2022 at 00:00 UTC. The winners will then be announced in the New Year. We'll be handing out trophies in the form of award banners, which mod authors can place on their mod pages.

See you then, and enjoy the rest of the year!

-Audemus

I am not 100% against Ashley looks in ME3 but they didn't fit in a battlefield with her hair blocking her eyes, Pinnacle Station is what I consider to be the best this year not because the content is awesome but how the modding community used their own tools to be the Pinnacle in modding and there is the LE2 Community Patch as most anticipated seeing as all future Bioware games will be half made.

In response to post #103077998.

femshepping wrote: What a wonderful selection! Voted. Also amazing work to everyone who uploaded a mod for LE - the original content and ports have been amazing! 

The LE is great, but it appears modders are doing the heavy lifting yet again on the patch scene, this doessn't bode well for the next game.

Great job to everyone involved in the creation of these awesome mods, and even to those people that didn't make it to the list. 

Mass Effect would be an awesome game series still, even unmodded, but it wouldn't be as amazing as it is for all of us, without your help in making it so. 

As long as ME modders will continue to work on polishing and bettering the game, ME popularity will never vane.