Win amazing prizes in the first Elden Ring Modathon (15 July)

BigBizkit

Attention Elden Ring modders! Community member and YouTuber LeKevDev asked us for a shoutout for his Elden Ring Modathon competition - an event with a prize pool of $1,000. If that peaked your interest, keep on reading to find out how to enter.

A word from event host LeKevDev:

The 2022 Elden Ring Modathon is coming on July 15th, with a total prize pool of $1,000 for 3 event categories (that have yet to be announced), and judged by the likes of modders such as LobosJr, Amir, Zullie the Witch, and myself. 

You can register for the event in my Discord which will also contain all of the rules and regulations. The categories will be announced the day before the Modathon begins on my YouTube, Discord, and the Nexus Mods website. 

Teams are allowed for this competition so grab some friends or make new ones. If you have no modding experience, do not worry. We have a lot of resources available and people are very willing to help. 

I’ll be making a showcase video of all the best submissions along with the competition results on YouTube. I want to see this modding community grow so let’s focus on having fun and learning to make mods for our favorite game.

93729-1655458680-1253495577.png

To enter the event and for your chance to win up to $500:

1. Join LeKevDev's Discord to register for the event and/or use the tag "ER Modathon 2022" on your mods (the tag will only become available when the event launches, 15 July!)
  2. The mods will be judged by a jury, for more details please refer to the announcements and updates in LeKevDev's Discord server.

93729-1655461826-1991925800.png             93729-1655461839-1192493977.png

We wish all participants and observers all the best! Thank you to LeKevDev for running this event. We're excitedly looking forward to seeing some amazing mods for Elden Ring coming out of this!

From the Discord: 

"You can register for the event by going to the “roles” channel and react to the Miriel bot to gain the “Elden Ring Modathon 2022 Participant” role.

When uploading your mod to NexusMods, add the "ERModathon2022" tag to your mod to be eligible for judging."

Is there any way the Nexus Mods tag alone can be the requirement? Personally, I don't want to register a Discord account for a Nexus Mods event but LeKevDev's Discord server requires that you claim/register your account before you can react or message on the server. 

EDIT: From Discord's website they, like every other service, collect a lot of data. For me, it's not a matter of trusting or distrusting Discord but a matter of minimizing how much of my personal information is collected in the first place. 

Edited by SmoothBrainMonkey

In response to post #110664583.

SmoothBrainMonkey wrote: From the Discord: 

"You can register for the event by going to the “roles” channel and react to the Miriel bot to gain the “Elden Ring Modathon 2022 Participant” role.

When uploading your mod to NexusMods, add the "ERModathon2022" tag to your mod to be eligible for judging."

Is there any way the Nexus Mods tag alone can be the requirement? Personally, I don't want to register a Discord account for a Nexus Mods event but LeKevDev's Discord server requires that you claim/register your account before you can react or message on the server. 

EDIT: From Discord's website they, like every other service, collect a lot of data. For me, it's not a matter of trusting or distrusting Discord but a matter of minimizing how much of my personal information is collected in the first place. 

need alot more than 1000 to really get people motivated. 5 to 10 minimum

In response to post #110681933.

Moksha8088 wrote: Does the Elden Ring offer some sort of developer's tools for mod creation?  I thought this was purely a Bethesda thing to add years of playability to their games.

A game doesn't need official tools in order to be moddable. For Cyberpunk 2077, all the tools we have are community made.