Win amazing prizes in the first Elden Ring Modathon (15 July)

BigBizkit

In response to post #110664583. #110671858 is also a reply to the same post.

SmoothBrainMonkey wrote: From the Discord: 

"You can register for the event by going to the “roles” channel and react to the Miriel bot to gain the “Elden Ring Modathon 2022 Participant” role.

When uploading your mod to NexusMods, add the "ERModathon2022" tag to your mod to be eligible for judging."

Is there any way the Nexus Mods tag alone can be the requirement? Personally, I don't want to register a Discord account for a Nexus Mods event but LeKevDev's Discord server requires that you claim/register your account before you can react or message on the server. 

EDIT: From Discord's website they, like every other service, collect a lot of data. For me, it's not a matter of trusting or distrusting Discord but a matter of minimizing how much of my personal information is collected in the first place. 
Solbashio wrote: need alot more than 1000 to really get people motivated. 5 to 10 minimum

If you just add the tag to your submission you should be good. Dm me your submission as well if you don't feel comfortable with registering your Discord. 

In response to post #110664583. #110671858, #110705258 are all replies on the same post.

"You can register for the event by going to the “roles” channel and react to the Miriel bot to gain the “Elden Ring Modathon 2022 Participant” role.

When uploading your mod to NexusMods, add the "ERModathon2022" tag to your mod to be eligible for judging."

Is there any way the Nexus Mods tag alone can be the requirement? Personally, I don't want to register a Discord account for a Nexus Mods event but LeKevDev's Discord server requires that you claim/register your account before you can react or message on the server. 

EDIT: From Discord's website they, like every other service, collect a lot of data. For me, it's not a matter of trusting or distrusting Discord but a matter of minimizing how much of my personal information is collected in the first place. 
Solbashio wrote: need alot more than 1000 to really get people motivated. 5 to 10 minimum
LeKevDev wrote: If you just add the tag to your submission you should be good. Dm me your submission as well if you don't feel comfortable with registering your Discord. 

!!

You rock! I appreciate you going the extra mile to accommodate my oddball request 

In response to post #110664583. #110671858, #110705258, #110708653 are all replies on the same post.

LeKevDev wrote: If you just add the tag to your submission you should be good. Dm me your submission as well if you don't feel comfortable with registering your Discord. 
SmoothBrainMonkey wrote: !!

You rock! I appreciate you going the extra mile to accommodate my oddball request 

I might be an idiot, but how do you add tags lol? Just stick #ERModathon2022 in the description?

Also, are adult mods eligable? Not that I've got many adults mods or anything >_>

• 2 weeks later...
I would pay someone a $1000 myself just to teach me how to make my own mods. If anyone sees this, and knows what they are doing, feel free to reach out to me. Literally train me on discord by sharing your screen and give me a small demonstration on the software and applications I need to create my own stuff. I've been able to mess around with cheat engine, but I want to actually create content. NPCs, armors, weapons, etc.

In response to post #111301203.

GrantLogan23 wrote: I would pay someone a $1000 myself just to teach me how to make my own mods. If anyone sees this, and knows what they are doing, feel free to reach out to me. Literally train me on discord by sharing your screen and give me a small demonstration on the software and applications I need to create my own stuff. I've been able to mess around with cheat engine, but I want to actually create content. NPCs, armors, weapons, etc.

Join the discord server "Scrub Milks Barn": https://discord.gg/mT4r8yFTpj
There you will find all needed software and templates, also if you will be kind - you will find support.

Or if you are solo player - watch these videos:

The modding is not so difficult as may seem at the beginning. Yabber and FLVER Editor are enought for basic modding: retextures, hiding meshes, materials swap.

Actually this guide is sufficient to start modding with custom meshes, but you will need the Blender and BloodborneTools:
Edited by ZLOHORT

In response to post #110681933. #110702528 is also a reply to the same post.

Moksha8088 wrote: Does the Elden Ring offer some sort of developer's tools for mod creation?  I thought this was purely a Bethesda thing to add years of playability to their games.
Janecio14 wrote: A game doesn't need official tools in order to be moddable. For Cyberpunk 2077, all the tools we have are community made.

Most of the tools from modding prior souls games can be used. That said, all the old souls games modding tools are community-made.

In response to post #110664583. #110671858, #110705258, #110708653, #110761483 are all replies on the same post.

epar7416 wrote: I might be an idiot, but how do you add tags lol? Just stick #ERModathon2022 in the description?

Also, are adult mods eligable? Not that I've got many adults mods or anything >_>

my thoughts exactly. 1000$ total prize pool is nothing. why even bother? 500$ can't even pay my rent

In response to post #110664583. #110671858, #110705258, #110708653, #110761483, #111390468 are all replies on the same post.

epar7416 wrote: I might be an idiot, but how do you add tags lol? Just stick #ERModathon2022 in the description?

mrsirdoe wrote: my thoughts exactly. 1000$ total prize pool is nothing. why even bother? 500$ can't even pay my rent

make mods for yourself or find a job if you need money

In response to post #111301203. #111337238 is also a reply to the same post.

GrantLogan23 wrote: I would pay someone a $1000 myself just to teach me how to make my own mods. If anyone sees this, and knows what they are doing, feel free to reach out to me. Literally train me on discord by sharing your screen and give me a small demonstration on the software and applications I need to create my own stuff. I've been able to mess around with cheat engine, but I want to actually create content. NPCs, armors, weapons, etc.
ZLOHORT wrote: Join the discord server "Scrub Milks Barn": https://discord.gg/mT4r8yFTpj
There you will find all needed software and templates, also if you will be kind - you will find support.

Or if you are solo player - watch these videos:

The modding is not so difficult as may seem at the beginning. Yabber and FLVER Editor are enought for basic modding: retextures, hiding meshes, materials swap.

Actually this guide is sufficient to start modding with custom meshes, but you will need the Blender and BloodborneTools:

i have a ton of very short step videos on youtube to help you with models. scrub has has more specific videos on other things. my channel is SaintMitt